GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

3dr GTD DSG in Tungsten Silver

Stonefish74

Ready to race!
I'm sat in a out of town car park awaiting a pick up from a works van, and it dawns on me that 1 year ago today I picked up my Golf!
Still loving it 10802 miles in... Gonna have to get it cleaned to celebrate!

Stonefish74

Ready to race!
Over a year and still the Discovery Pro system baffles me... Album Art and the general function of the scan mode in juke box are very frustrating! Just found out it will play iTunes music videos while parked up...

Just as well Shakira isn't watchable whilst driving...

Stonefish74

Ready to race!
Stuck in a traffic jam (M6 Shock!) Latest drama to hit my GTD is a stone, two lovely cracks growing in size up my windscreen! #treat

Last edited:

Stonefish74

Ready to race!
Here's a first world problem... Got my windscreen fixed last Friday but seem to have some noisy wipers now! I don't remember if they made so much noise before but can't say I ever noticed them?

Last edited:

Stonefish74

Ready to race!

Finally got around to cleaning the car... Well the car wash lads did! Window wipers are a little less noisy maybe it had a little glue or gunk from the packing!!! #likenew(ish)

Stonefish74

Ready to race!

Nearly one of those days... The computers warning gave me ample time to find a tyre shop stocking matching rubber! Then it turned out it was fixable costing only a fraction of the cost of replacing the tyre! Yet another gadget crossed off the list... Hoping airbags aren't next! [emoji106]?

Stonefish74

Ready to race!

Fancy that!!! Second key battery warning in a year... Run out of keys! Better look into sorting it... #hiddencostsofkeyless

Stonefish74

Ready to race!
Tyre changing dramas!

My cars been sat outside with a flat tyre for about 2 weeks... Finally though I better get it sorted! Getting the space saver out was a ballache in it's self jammed in with packing and some speaker insert! That turned out to be the easy part as my wheel was stuck on... Tried hitting it with a hammer, kicking it, pulling... Rocking to the point I thought it was gonna fall off the jack! Cue the visions of hands being removed! I decided 'fuck it' I pay VW Assist might as well call them no matter how embarrassing... The responce was quick (20 minutes) and once there on a more substantial jack a swift kick it fell off!! Really glad I wasn't stuck on the hard shoulder...

Stonefish74

Ready to race!
BUMPED 1.jpg

Walking to my car this morning and I noticed the bumper is scuffed... Think it must of happen at the tyre shop, as I certainly haven't done it! My wheels have big chips and scratched on them also, not the usual kerbin' type damage... just though I'd share like to keep a track of all things GTD.

Stonefish74

Ready to race!
The GTD's still parked outside, it still needs cleaning... I had a plan to trade it for a Club Sport but was shocked at the resale value of a 2 year Mk7, GTD's are especially low as the markets swamped with basic spec GTD's usually Red company cars! I um'd and I arr'd... And yes the Club Sport has a lot more Voom but for the giant hole in my pocket I was getting less gadgets than my GTD.... So it's still parked outside, likely for another couple of years which is an easy decision to live.
Anyway... This check in is partly out of response to the Sold GTI after 1.5 years, William shattner post I've just read on general... I'm off to clean it (well the Bulgarian's are whilst they still here!)

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Id expect that right now demand for Club Sport is high so the dealer doesn't have to work to hard to make a sale. Its not the best month either, the dealers are sitting pretty with lots of new 66 plates waiting to be picked up, their tills will soon be over flowing.

You can pick up a new GTD on a lease for bugger all at the moment which doesnt help the resale values. Ive resided myself to keep mine till next spring at least, its still a great car, still under warranty. Yeah its always nice to have the latest toy but I may go as far as early 2018 before changing, depending how the facelift looks. TBH right now im not dead set on another Golf, Im not even certain ill stay VW.