GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

3dr GTD DSG in Tungsten Silver

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
Nooooooo You've fitted mud flaps. In my opinion mud flaps come a close second to furry dice in the "10 ten things you shouldn't add to your car"

Chris, thats all it is an opinion, :p we all have one ;).

I'm with you on this one. No so sure they suit the GTD. Ok we have them on are softroader but this car sees many muddy fields and country lanes.

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Chris, thats all it is an opinion, :p we all have one ;).

I'm with you on this one. No so sure they suit the GTD. Ok we have them on are softroader but this car sees many muddy fields and country lanes.

I agree, they are right for some vehicles. Think they don't suit the GTD? a friend has them on his scirocco. they look even worse. This could well be the source of my dislike.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Lock - keeping your hand flat touch the dimple with your finger tips
For 300 quid less you can have an even better system where you don't have to touch the car at all - its the standard 'touchless locking' system - all you do is press a little button on the key fob as you are walking away - brilliant system and so much better than all that dimple touching stuff.... :)

GC854

Ready to race!
For 300 quid less you can have an even better system where you don't have to touch the car at all - its the standard 'touchless locking' system - all you do is press a little button on the key fob as you are walking away - brilliant system and so much better than all that dimple touching stuff.... :)

:D:D:D:D:D

proton

Ready to race!
Nooooooo You've fitted mud flaps. In my opinion mud flaps come a close second to furry dice in the "10 ten things you shouldn't add to your car"

To be fair, they're not really mud 'flaps' like in the olden days. We're not talking about the sort of flappy flaps you'd have on a Ford Cortina, with the added bonus of an anti-static strap hanging from the rear bumper. These are definitely semi-rigid mud 'protectors'. Stand the dogs down.

Stonefish74

Ready to race!
I retort!

Some mixed opinions over the Mud Flaps!!!

Nooooooo You've fitted mud flaps.

To be fair, they're not really mud 'flaps' like in the olden days.
These are definitely semi-rigid mud 'protectors'. Stand the dogs down.

Mud Flaps.jpg

I like the Mud Flaps! Think they’re both practical and look good joining the grey plastic side skirt making it sportier in my opinion, each to their own I guess!

Think this thread has made it sound like 'Keyless' is a hassle… far from just a few teething problems got my technique mastered now, in fact I’m now the keyless f@#king master!

Stop Start Button.jpg

This big shiny button is worth the £300 quid (if that’s how much it cost!) on it’s own… The pleasure you get pushing it is very satisfying. You can keep your 'little button' loving the dimple touching! :D

Last edited:

Chr15b

Ready to race!

The dimple touching makes it sound technical, its really not, its just about touching the right place.

I really like the keyless, i could live without it, but i can keep the key in my pocket and just do the stuff i want to - open doors, boot, start car etc all without taking the key out.

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Think this thread has made it sound like 'Keyless' is a hassle… far from just a few teething problems got my technique mastered now, in fact I’m now the keyless f@#king master!

This big shiny button is worth the £300 quid (if that’s how much it cost!) on it’s own… The pleasure you get pushing it is very satisfying. You can keep your 'little button' loving the dimple touching! :D

Absolutely, that button is worth every penny. Open the car in the dark and the button lights up begging to be pressed. Beats fumbling for a key hole every time.

Stonefish74

Ready to race!
Press me!

Open the car in the dark and the button lights up begging to be pressed.

Start at Night.jpg

You’re not wrong Chris43, worth every penny!

The GTD’s night ambience is pretty amazing! Sadly my iPhone camera can’t capture it! Love the white lighting, and the way the headlights swing around corners… Things just keep getting better and better! :D

Stonefish74

Ready to race!
Road Trip!

I've had my first proper drive in the GTD clocking up a 300 mile trip over the last couple of days, taking a mix of A roads and motorways which left me so tempted to boot it, but I keep thinking 600 - 1000 miles before I start dropping gears to getting the revs going! I feel a lot more comfortable after quickly settling into the feel of the GTD, no longer am I treating it like a new born but I'm now squeezing through gaps and weaving in and out of city centre traffic jams!
The main feature I'm becoming accustomed to is the much debated DSG. I'm pretty new to non manual gears (don't call it automatic!) In short I love it, no hovering over a clutch being my favourite improvement and it works with the ACC seamlessly another function that is a dream to live with especially in 50mph speed restrictions! I think my licence might even remain endorsement free, or at least if I get them it will be worthwhile points enjoying some bhp! :D

image.jpg
Enjoying the ride!!!

Another revelation is the Discover Pro combining the Dynaudio and Navigation... I've even had music booming down the M1 and a little World Cup slaver from the radio! All very exciting if you know my back story a tail of road noise and a serious lack of entertainment! The navigation element was amazing today as I braved York's (unfamiliar town) morning rush hour only to find the road closed for works on a bridge right by my destination, a few button pushes and I'm back into traffic on a 2 mile detour around the centre then through a housing estate to arrive on time. A vast improvement to my iPhone that I had to balance on my knee!

I also encountered some nice looking Golfs today on my travels... A Red GTI (shock) and a Pacific Blue TDI (very nice colour) that left me for dead as I chewed my knuckles wanting to floor it in pursuit! I've got to drive home tomorrow, around 160miles up the M6. Think I'll be in warp by the time I get there should be well in the 800mile bracket by then... not bad for 10days! :D

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
I've had my first proper drive in the GTD clocking up a 300 mile trip over the last couple of days, taking a mix of A roads and motorways which left me so tempted to boot it, but I keep thinking 600 - 1000 miles before I start dropping gears to getting the revs going! I feel a lot more comfortable after quickly settling into the feel of the GTD, no longer am I treating it like a new born but I'm now squeezing through gaps and weaving in and out of city centre traffic jams!
The main feature I'm becoming accustomed to is the much debated DSG. I'm pretty new to non manual gears (don't call it automatic!) In short I love it, no hovering over a clutch being my favourite improvement and it works with the ACC seamlessly another function that is a dream to live with especially in 50mph speed restrictions! I think my licence might even remain endorsement free, or at least if I get them it will be worthwhile points enjoying some bhp! :D

View attachment 1934

Enjoying the ride!!!

Another revelation is the Discover Pro combining the Dynaudio and Navigation... I've even had music booming down the M1 and a little World Cup slaver from the radio! All very exciting if you know my back story a tail of road noise and a serious lack of entertainment! The navigation element was amazing today as I braved York's (unfamiliar town) morning rush hour only to find the road closed for works on a bridge right by my destination, a few button pushes and I'm back into traffic on a 2 mile detour around the centre then through a housing estate to arrive on time. A vast improvement to my iPhone that I had to balance on my knee!

I also encountered some nice looking Golfs today on my travels... A Red GTI (shock) and a Pacific Blue TDI (very nice colour) that left me for dead as I chewed my knuckles wanting to floor it in pursuit! I've got to drive home tomorrow, around 160miles up the M6. Think I'll be in warp by the time I get there should be well in the 800mile bracket by then... not bad for 10days! :D

It's clearly a match made in heaven ! Found anything you don't like yet? (I'm hoping you'll see the light about them mudflaps :p:p:p but I doubt it). I'm on about 1800 miles now and 100% happy with mine. MPG has improved recently. I'm not sure if that's the higher ambient temp or things loosening up.

Was it a shock to see the red GTI? I have to admit I can't remember ever seeing a GTI on the road yet and l've only seen a few other GTD's so far.

Stonefish74

Ready to race!
Found anything you don't like yet?

Was it a shock to see the red GTI? I have to admit I can't remember ever seeing a GTI on the road yet and l've only seen a few other GTD's so far.

Nope... Like it all at the minute and after sitting in a traffic jam of doom on the M6 I can only further big up DSG/ACC combo! Let the car take me on a Satnav Safari through the centre of Birmingham at school rush hour... No dramas stress free motor! I'm now on the verge of breaking 800miles as the Birmingham dissection reduced my trips distance... Still put it into Shift/Sport and dropped it to 4th... Very happy these cars are beasts!! :D

I've seen plenty of GTI/D's and R's must be more popular up North! Yes plenty of Red and White... The GTD's are normally Carbon, and the last R I past was Black and looked mean as f@#k!!!

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Its looking good!

I'm in Bury, saw a red R yesterday but I think it was the demonstrater from the local VW dealer. Each time I drive past they must 10 GTI / D on the forecourt all pre registered. Clearly they are not selling well round here or the deal is far better on a new car rather than dealer stock.

Have you tried the front fog lights in the dark yet? Being LED they are bright to say the least.

How do you find the sport and sound pack? was it worth adding the option.