My MIB 2.5 (works only with the 9.2" all touch screen) came from the dealer. All the activations were done remotely.apologies for the off topic, but where did you guys source those discover pro from, and would you recommend?
MIB 2.5 is Discover Pro only, but MIB 2 Discover Pro works with 6.5" matte, 8" matte or 8" glass screen.
I would not specifically recommend Discover Pro over Discover Navigation, unless the below matters to you. Quoting myself from some previous (long winded) post...
@MeRP2S That's mostly correct. If you only need to see OEM nav maps in one place at a time you can get a MIB 2 Discover Navigation unit.
From memory, Pro gets you the following:
- Nav maps stored internally... you don't need to keep the maps SD inserted, not a big deal unless you want to keep two SD cards of music/movies/pictures inserted
- Jukebox... Let's you rip CD's to the internal storage of the unit, works fine but not much storage, better to rip to an SD card where album art is supported
- OEM Nav maps on main unit and digital dash simultaneously... not a big deal if you're using app-connect on the main screen (or don't have digital dash)
- DVD Playback... Surprisingly nice to have on road trips, if you'll use it
- Movie Playback from SD cards (this may be available on non-Pro)... Never tried it, not sure what formats are supported
Assuming those features aren't a big deal, you can look for an MIB 2 Discover Navigation unit instead of MIB 2 Discover Pro and save some coin.