GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2023/2024 maps for Discover Media (MST2) and Discover Pro (MHIG/MHI2)

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
apologies for the off topic, but where did you guys source those discover pro from, and would you recommend?
My MIB 2.5 (works only with the 9.2" all touch screen) came from the dealer. All the activations were done remotely.
MIB 2.5 is Discover Pro only, but MIB 2 Discover Pro works with 6.5" matte, 8" matte or 8" glass screen.

I would not specifically recommend Discover Pro over Discover Navigation, unless the below matters to you. Quoting myself from some previous (long winded) post...
@MeRP2S That's mostly correct. If you only need to see OEM nav maps in one place at a time you can get a MIB 2 Discover Navigation unit.

From memory, Pro gets you the following:
- Nav maps stored internally... you don't need to keep the maps SD inserted, not a big deal unless you want to keep two SD cards of music/movies/pictures inserted
- Jukebox... Let's you rip CD's to the internal storage of the unit, works fine but not much storage, better to rip to an SD card where album art is supported
- OEM Nav maps on main unit and digital dash simultaneously... not a big deal if you're using app-connect on the main screen (or don't have digital dash)
- DVD Playback... Surprisingly nice to have on road trips, if you'll use it
- Movie Playback from SD cards (this may be available on non-Pro)... Never tried it, not sure what formats are supported

Assuming those features aren't a big deal, you can look for an MIB 2 Discover Navigation unit instead of MIB 2 Discover Pro and save some coin.

Kushdaiin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R, MK7 GSW SEL
I have them in each of my MK7 Golf (R/SEL Wagon). One I purchased off of user on here which was setup @rrador. The other was purchased by a seller on facebook. I can get you the info for the guy on facebook. He was very good and responsive. While both units work pretty flawlessly, I would probably go the route that @Cuzoe went.

@Kushdaiin okay cool. So possibly we have the latest, since we're not even halfway through 2023 yet.

I don't know the schedule for NAR maps, or if a set one even exists. So I guess until we see 2024, probably have to look outside of MK7 forums, we can at least pretend to be happy knowing we are current 🤣.

I get maps from the guy I purchased from on Facebook. The maps for 2023 came out in the beginning of February. I would think the same next year as well. Next time I get an update, I'll pm you and we can find a way to share it.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Can you run maps from other regions on mib2?
What exactly are you trying to do? You can convert your MIB to another region, say if you're moving to a different country. But you will need the FECs for maps from that region.

There are threads on hacking MIB II to activate those FECs. I don't personally have an experience with it, but you'll probably get better answers in that thread for going that route.

cornblatt

Car(s)
2020 e-Golf
I have what looks to be same unit (MIB2.5 MHI2 9.2" screen) that currently has 2019 NAR maps. I am having trouble loading the new maps; neither the P85 nor the P87 NAR maps from https://mibsolution.one/#/1/15/MHI2(Q) will load successfully for me.

If I try via the navigation screen, it scans the SD card for a long time and then says "Error: No Data Available".

If I try to load it via the service mode menu, it successfully identifies it as a "Release MIB2 navigation database" and shows individual files with version info, etc. (so I know the SD card is good and it can read the files), but certain parts are marked as ERR, so it won't load. I attached some pictures showing what it does. I've tried reformatting, reloading, and file-by-file verifying the SD card contents multiple times.

Did anyone else encounter this? Do you have any suggestions as to what I could try next?

20230408_094028.jpg

20230522_095052.jpg

20230522_095104.jpg

Updated this morning using the latest version from MIB solution. Now says 2022/2023, prior it just said 2022.
Went from PL0085 NAR 2022 to PM0087 NAR 2022/2023

Kushdaiin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R, MK7 GSW SEL
Do you have an SEL Premium e-Golf that came with this radio stock? If so, I'm not sure you can get away with an unlocked SD card to update the MIB without rooting it.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@cornblatt I would guess you don't have the FEC for lifetime map updates. That, I think, would cause the issue you are seeing.
The below is quoted from PM-ing between myself and @rrador, from when I first tried to update the 2018 maps on my MIB 2.5...

Code:
You are missing a proper FEC for new maps that's why it won't accept the map update.
You have 09310008 which is 2018 maps
For 2021 need 0931000B, or 09310099 for lifetime updates

@Kushdaiin Any SD card will work, but not if he doesn't the FEC. I now have the lifetime FEC activated on my unit, 09310099 and have updated a few times... 2018/19 > 2021 > 2022 > 2022/2023

cornblatt

Car(s)
2020 e-Golf
Thanks for the suggestion! The FEC I have is 09310007, so that could be the cause of the problem. How did you activate the lifetime FEC?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I had the guys at VAG Retrofit & Coding do it remotely, but my car did not come with MIB 2.5 and they did all the activations on my unit remotely from the beginning. I would assume they could help you as well. They can be reached on telegram.

I (and many others on this forum) have also had work done by @simaservis1108. He does great work at a fair price and is easy to work with, so definitely reach out to him as well.

Both parties are in Europe, just something to keep in mind when establishing communication and with scheduling. But once scheduled I've had zero problems.

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
As far as I know, for VW codes 09310008 (for NAR) and 09300008 (for EU) are lifetime.
Audi and Seat are using MapCare/whatever with expiration dates. VW ans Skoda are not.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
My MIB 2.5 had 2018 NAR maps on it when I bought it, directly from the dealer.
After install I had 09310008 activated. I could not update, even tried to force through SWDL.

Now I have active 09310099, have updated 3 times no problem.

chowdarygm1

Car(s)
Passat
Nice... I am trying to set something up for you to upload them, that will come via PM.
Is it correct to assume they show version V03959809PN0089 NAR 2023 on the info screen?

As an aside, I downloaded the P87 from mibsolution but have not had the chance to update my car, currently on P85.
Will these maps work for MST2? If so, willing to share the maps with me? Thank you

dmc1

Passed Driver's Ed
My MIB 2.5 had 2018 NAR maps on it when I bought it, directly from the dealer.
After install I had 09310008 activated. I could not update, even tried to force through SWDL.

Now I have active 09310099, have updated 3 times no problem.
Just to add a data point for anyone searching:

I've now updated a couple MY2016 Golf Rs (NAR, Canada) with factory Discover Pro (MHI2_US_VWG11_S2126 and MHI2_US_VWG11_P2126_1). I used the P87_N60S5MIBH3_NAR_NT_Q3.21_2022-23 map data. I also found that FEC 09310008 did not work. I played around, guessed some random numbers, and settled on 093100EE, which allowed the updates to take.

cornblatt

Car(s)
2020 e-Golf
Just to add a data point for anyone searching:

I've now updated a couple MY2016 Golf Rs (NAR, Canada) with factory Discover Pro (MHI2_US_VWG11_S2126 and MHI2_US_VWG11_P2126_1). I used the P87_N60S5MIBH3_NAR_NT_Q3.21_2022-23 map data. I also found that FEC 09310008 did not work. I played around, guessed some random numbers, and settled on 093100EE, which allowed the updates to take.
May I ask how you added/activated the new FEC? I am still trying to figure out how to get that done. I haven't had success connecting with the people mentioned earlier so I was hoping maybe you took a different approach and you'd be willing to share the details. Thanks!