GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2023/2024 maps for Discover Media (MST2) and Discover Pro (MHIG/MHI2)

Kushdaiin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R, MK7 GSW SEL
To be fair, I also kind of scared you out your original impulse purchase by warning you about the seller you had ordered the 9.2" display from 🤷‍♂️. The decision of whether to ascend to the exclusive MHI2 club rests in your hands.
What's that you say? I've got THAT unit in my R now . . . 😂

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
What's that you say? I've got THAT unit in my R now . . . 😂
You're safe :ROFLMAO:. If you take @bobloblawGTI's viewpoint, @Cuzoe and I *allegedly* peer pressured him into upgrading to MHI2 again with one of the units I have. This resulted in an impulsive AliExpress order for the display and trim. I mentioned that the seller for the display is the same one that sent me a broken (and used) OEM wireless charger. After that, the order was cancelled and the MHI2 upgrade has been on hold ever since. It's a bit of a running joke as to whether @bobloblawGTI will do the upgrade or stick with his MST2 (with 2021 maps).

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
By the time @bobloblawGTI gets with the times we will have moved to MIB3 anyway! ;)

https://www.drive2.ru/l/643680496252894576
This is upgrade from MIB3 standard to MIB3 Pro... but it's a start. The problem, ignoring SWAPs for a minute, is the amp and AID get connected to MIB 3 via ethernet. A late software 3Q0 gateway is probably needed but that is easily solved. Ethernet connected amp is semi-easy... although I don't have Fender so... I suppose I don't care, haha. No ethernet connected AID for our Golfs though... would need one from a Tiguan.

Last edited:

Kushdaiin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R, MK7 GSW SEL
By the time @bobloblawGTI gets with the times we will have moved to MIB3 anyway! ;)

https://www.drive2.ru/l/643680496252894576
This is upgrade from MIB3 standard to MIB3 Pro... but it's a start. The problem, ignoring SWAPs for a minute, is the amp and AID get connected to MIB 3 via ethernet. A late software 3Q0 gateway is probably needed but that is easily solved. Ethernet connected amp is semi-easy... although I don't have Fender so... I suppose I don't care, haha. No ethernet connected AID for our Golfs though... would need one from a Tiguan.
Plus you might have to get creative with the trim piece. . . . We just picked up a 2021 Atlas SEL-P R-line. I have mixed feeling about the MIB3 at the moment. The built in wireless CP/AA is nice but I haven't had enough time to run an initial scan and subsequently unlock all of the blocked in-motion screens. Until that time, I'll reserve complete judgement.

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
No ethernet connected AID for our Golfs though... would need one from a Tiguan.
Which then opens the door to potential weirdness from the wheel radius (or something like that) of the Tiguan being different than the Golf (at least, that's what I found when looking at the non-ethernet digital clusters).

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Plus you might have to get creative with the trim piece. . . . We just picked up a 2021 Atlas SEL-P R-line. I have mixed feeling about the MIB3 at the moment. The built in wireless CP/AA is nice but I haven't had enough time to run an initial scan and subsequently unlock all of the blocked in-motion screens. Until that time, I'll reserve complete judgement.
Yeah... there's all of this stuff that has been done/attempted... https://www.drive2.ru/l/563691300210083743/
Which then opens the door to potential weirdness from the wheel radius (or something like that) of the Tiguan being different than the Golf (at least, that's what I found when looking at the non-ethernet digital clusters).
There is mention of the wheel circumfrennce problem in the link above too... but I'll just run Tiguan wheels... https://www.b2bfab.com/products/b2bfab-mk7-gti-golf-r-camber-correcting-lift-kit