GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 ZR-1 Corvette

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
You can assemble your own engine at the factory. Now THAT would be an experience

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Hard to say anything negative about such a capable car but all the black intake scoops are a but much on a Corvette. A Corvette body normally is sleek. This has a few to many openings. If the two on rear fenders were removed it would clean it up. I know likely usable intakes so not an option.
On a darker color would not show as much.

Mhamstead19

Ready to race!
Looks a little like Chevy saw the new type r and said hey, let’s do that!
I was reading about how corvettes sales just keep dropping, apparently younger people go to college and by the time you graduate you’re settling down and having kids and don’t want/need a 2-seat sports car. And the older guys who buy them are all dying off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tknj99

Ready to race!
I was reading about how corvettes sales just keep dropping, apparently younger people go to college and by the time you graduate you’re settling down and having kids and don’t want/need a 2-seat sports car. And the older guys who buy them are all dying off.

This is the same thing happening to Harley Davidson

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
Looks a little like Chevy saw the new type r and said hey, let’s do that!

There is more to it than this. First, there is a lot of competition with Corvettes. For the past 7 years or so car manufacturers have been in a "horsepower race" and selling cars priced below what the MSRP for a what Corvette is. Starting with the C7's, the MSRP skyrocketed and it was harder to be the common mans sports car like it once was. Like many cars, the C7's don't hold their value, but you can buy a 2 year old one for almost half the cost. Who would buy a new one?

I'm sure demographics have changed and I did look at a C5 Z06 before I bought my GTI, but I decided to pass on that so I could sell my then daily driver and have a 4 door fun car. Like you mentioned, family was the determining reason. That said I am still wanting to buy a Corvette, although this time thinking C6 Z06 because I find them to be a good value and it has 2 doors. No option to take kids with, just the wife and I when grandparents are watching the little ones.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
I thought I read where it was going to be mid-engine but I don't remember the year.

I'd read this as well...maybe after 2020?

Mhamstead19

Ready to race!
Might be the time to build the mid engine Corvette.
I have heard on some pod casts that some think GM should build a smaller Camaro type car.
I guess Focus size. But SUV and truck market so big all other vehicles are going down.

Yea, I think ford right now is approaching their cars the smartest of the US companies. They have the fiesta st, focus st, RS and a wide variety of mustangs that can rival chargers, challengers and corvettes. Dodge and Chevy don’t really have competition for the hot hatches. So if you don’t want muscle or need more than 2 seats you won’t look at those brands.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
I thought I read where it was going to be mid-engine but I don't remember the year.

I don't believe there's anything official, but rumor has it the 2020's will all be mid-engine.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
I think this is a close image of the design.
Does look Corvette like but once engine moved to back it looks much like other mid engine super cars.
They almost need a front engine Corvette and then name this rear engine car something else. Have it be the USA super car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro