GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 Mustangs are even faster!

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Loved the sounds of the old 4.6 motors. Not the potential as the coyote but goodness that deep burly sound.

I had a thing for the 03-04 Mach 1s

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
It ran a quite conservative controller map. Only a 75 shot that was 3 stepped. It also had bbk headers to pypes 409 x pipe to a borla stinger catback and was the best sounding car I've ever heard. It was straight piped for a few months with only x pipe and out the back and would set off car alarms lmao.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
With a competent driver in the mustang, I call bullshit here.

There's really no way to competently drive a 750 whp manual rwd car on an unprepped surface over a short distance. At his 1-2 shift he saw he was so far behind that he tried to make up the difference and spun bad. There's simply no way for him to put that kind of power down on the street.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhvwB2bGWJw

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
And I have seen people run 125 to 150 shots wet with no controller on stock 4.6 and ls1 motors with relatively few issues. I have seen just as many blow though

Robbb

Passed Driver's Ed
I have owned both...a 2009 VW GTI and the 2015 Mustang GT w/ PP. Although the GT was faster and handled incredible, I can honestly say the GTI was more fun to drive and more enjoyable in most every way. The Mustang is fun but will wear you out and is not comfortable at all (mine was the PP with the stick). GTI fun most of the time, GT fun only 20% of the time.

Attachments

• 20140615_172438_Richtone(HDR)[1].jpg
    20140615_172438_Richtone(HDR)[1].jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 349
  • 20150408_110237[1].jpg
    20150408_110237[1].jpg
    161 KB · Views: 351

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I love the red top stripes. Not so much the side. How did your stock gt hold up to a tuned mk7 in 22_24 peak psi range?

YellowC4S

Ready to race!
So people that like drag racing are mouth breathers? That's some pretty big talk from someone that drives a 1.8 and races in the 250 class.

my 77 year old mother can drive fast in a straight line...ijs...

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
I have owned both...a 2009 VW GTI and the 2015 Mustang GT w/ PP. Although the GT was faster and handled incredible, I can honestly say the GTI was more fun to drive and more enjoyable in most every way. The Mustang is fun but will wear you out and is not comfortable at all (mine was the PP with the stick). GTI fun most of the time, GT fun only 20% of the time.
That GTi is super clean. Nice.

Robbb

Passed Driver's Ed
I love the red top stripes. Not so much the side. How did your stock gt hold up to a tuned mk7 in 22_24 peak psi range?

I just drove a 2017 GTI SE with APR stage 1 tune and the GTI is somewhat comparable to the 435 HP Mustang in power feel. Hard to compare them though because they're like Apples and Oranges.

The Mustang is heavy and feels heavy while still handling great. The GTI's are light and nimble and simply more fun feeling. Sure, the Mustang will scare the hell out of you when the tail gets loose and the engine is screaming, but honestly I wouldn't say they are near as fun. Certainly not practical as a daily driver and why I got rid of it.

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
I just drove a 2017 GTI SE with APR stage 1 tune and the GTI is somewhat comparable to the 435 HP Mustang in power feel. Hard to compare them though because they're like Apples and Oranges.

The Mustang is heavy and feels heavy while still handling great. The GTI's are light and nimble and simply more fun feeling. Sure, the Mustang will scare the hell out of you when the tail gets loose and the engine is screaming, but honestly I wouldn't say they are near as fun. Certainly not practical as a daily driver and why I got rid of it.

I'd say the same. I sold my JB1/downpipe only manual mk7 for a 2014 GT. Loved the way the car looked and sounded, but the fuel economy and shitty chinese transmission combined with the fact that you'd spend $3k+ to keep up with a stage 2 GTI led to me buying my current mk7.