GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2012 WRX Custom Tuned vs APR stage 1 GTi DSG

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

Just bought my modded GTi 1 week ago and I'm racing. LOL. Raced a Full "Bolt on" 2012 Subaru WRX with a custom tune by "Junior tuning." Went from various races up to 100mph only. We were very close! Above 100mph I feel like I would've pull away. But, nonetheless it was very close.

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!
JR does alot of good tuning work for the EJ motors.

They sure do. Most WRXs with regular OTS tunes don't run as good as this guys WRX. So I ran a well tuned one. Makes a HUGE difference

Hoon

Autocross Champion
The advantage is not being heat soaked. Shit, it's already 80 in Austin today. Go run multiple pulls on the highway way back to back in a tuned car and see if the third/fourth run is as fast as the first.

Turn the A/C on, stage 2 becomes stage 1 with the stock IC.

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!
The advantage is not being heat soaked. Shit, it's already 80 in Austin today. Go run multiple pulls on the highway way back to back in a tuned car and see if the third/fourth run is as fast as the first.

Very good point. Same with my ski, I have a modded Yamaha FZS SVHO and I have upgraded Intercooler for it. Makes a WORLD of a difference on an 80+mph ski

TroyI

Ready to race!

Ah.. Yes, I see. Thank you. I talked with a guy in town here yesterday that had a stage 2 R. He was saying the same thing. Fug.... hate spending more money, and totally with I had the skills to do it myself.

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!
^^ This plus an aftermarket downpipe and then flash to stage 2.

Doing downpipe next and reflash and then FMIC. :) What kind of speeds are people trapping on stage 1 and stage 2? I know it's dependent on mods and driver skills. But what gain of speed does one get? like 3-4mph trap speed increase?

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
possibly. Stage 2 cars can usually trap 114 or so in good air and a well prepped track. Stage 1 is usually 108-110.

FastEggMk7

Ready to race!
possibly. Stage 2 cars can usually trap 114 or so in good air and a well prepped track. Stage 1 is usually 108-110.

That's a pretty big difference in speed. Anywhere from 4-6mph difference. Can't wait to do my downpipe and reflash. LOL.

Stock S550 Mustang 5.0's will go bye-bye. If now I give those cars trouble