GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 motor and trans mounts just installed!

Cruiser

Ready to race!
Add HPA/Revo dogbone replacement and call it a day. 90% or more of the engine movement comes from this mount by design. This design so in no way like a cheap insert, it actually braces the whole drivetrain with its aluminum core inside the mount and stiffer exterior bracing. Very little additional NVH too, much less than stg1 or stg2 BFI engine mounts. Also easy to install, so you will pay less labor too. All around a win!
I have zero experience, but I think this is the best advice

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
"The knock sensor registers the sound of the engine and converts it into electrical pulses. The engine control unit cross-checks the measured pulses against the stored specification values and intervenes to control the engine, fuel injection and ignition as necessary, before the combustion reaches the knock limit."
-http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/glossary/knock-sensor

By removing the mounts and going back to stock they are just treating the symptom and not the actual problem. If they were getting a lot of false knocks, they should investigate what is pinging or vibrating that shouldn't be (which would be amplified with the stiffer mounts) .

That is nuts! So there's a flippin microphone in the engine?!

My 034 engine/trans mounts are going in Friday. Hurry up Friday!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
I logged my car at lower rpm where it vibrates 1500 and below and wot pulls and all sorts of logs and there was zero timing pull. What exactly are we looking for if we were to log a vibration that can detect the sensor to think it's a knock?

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Usually it's metal on metal that will trigger it, since it's looking for "pings" and high frequency sounds usually. Each knock sensor is tuned into a certain range. That isn't to say lower vibrations won't cause something somewhere else. It's not easy to find the source when it's not legitimate knock lol

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I logged my car at lower rpm where it vibrates 1500 and below and wot pulls and all sorts of logs and there was zero timing pull. What exactly are we looking for if we were to log a vibration that can detect the sensor to think it's a knock?
If your car pulled no timing, then the knock sensor isn't detecting anything.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Lol any knock usually retards the timing.. unless they have an "allowable" amount, but I doubt it.. never heard of that being a thing

If you look at Ross Tech's site, anyone with a VCDS should be able to log groups 020 to see retard and 026 to see the actual voltage. Might be fun to log a car we know has a little knock and see what the voltage does and then look at that on a car with mounts :)

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Well I have a nasty rattle currently from something coming loose that's gonna get fixed on Friday but I don't have VCDS lol

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
Bought a dogbone insert, but I am holding off on installing because I am considering upgrading the engine/trans mounts at the same time. I realize this may be over kill as I do not plan on doing bolt ons - just a jb1. Really just want to kill wheel hop.

034 seems appealing for the close to stock style, but will it make a difference? Not too many people have these obviously, my other option is the BFI Stage One. Want to preserve ride quality as much as possible.

I don't want to trigger a knock reading though! Or is that only for the BFI Stage Two?

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Bought a dogbone insert, but I am holding off on installing because I am considering upgrading the engine/trans mounts at the same time. I realize this may be over kill as I do not plan on doing bolt ons - just a jb1. Really just want to kill wheel hop.

034 seems appealing for the close to stock style, but will it make a difference? Not too many people have these obviously, my other option is the BFI Stage One. Want to preserve ride quality as much as possible.

I don't want to trigger a knock reading though! Or is that only for the BFI Stage Two?

Mine go in tomorrow and I plan on writing a review over the weekend.

In my opinion these are probably perfect for what you want , in theory, but I suppose without enough people having them installed that's hard to say. My goal is similar to yours. I want to preserve ride quality as much as possible while still making the car powerful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VOA West

Passed Driver's Ed
Ride quality and NVH I didn't notice any difference compared to stock.

triharderken

Ready to race!

Revo puck seems to be the sweet spot in price, NVH, & ease of install if you aren't autoXing. I'm gonna get it soon.

'17 DSG AUTOBAHN CSG

Sportwagen SEL

Ready to race!

The 034 insert DID make a big difference in my golf sportwagen (not with wheelhop, that car never had a problem with that) in regard to reducing drivetrain slop, however it did not help me with wheelhop at all in my GTI. I would recommend trying an actual dogbone mount like the HPA or Revo like everyone else is saying...