GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. ironicbadger

alexktz's 2019 MK7.5 Golf R

Been a hot minute since I posted an update. new wheels and tires fitted on the car today. Apex SM-10 17x8.5 with Michelin PS4S 235/45R17. Such a great visual combo and I'll definitely be turning back to look again when I park up. so the story with these wheels… memorial day weekend was my...
  2. ironicbadger

Carbotech XP10 fitment issues - 2019 MK7.5 Golf R

I've been quite happy with the performance of the Ferodo pads (they're all I know so perhaps stockholm syndrome?). I was up at VIR with Chin 3 weeks ago and ran an almost uninterrupted 75 min session. After 30 mins or so I could really begin to the limits of the stock brake setup even with these...
  3. ironicbadger

NCCAR Event September

Wagons are friends, not food.
  4. ironicbadger

Track TEMP DATA: IC and radiator combo data collection - ALL YOUR LOGS ARE BELONG TO US!

If track time wasn’t so expensive I’d offer to put the stock IC back in but ain’t no one got time for downgrades.
  5. ironicbadger

Track TEMP DATA: IC and radiator combo data collection - ALL YOUR LOGS ARE BELONG TO US!

Proof that upgrading your intercooler works. Stock IC, lower ambients, up to -8 of timing. Using the IEv2 IC, same track, same car, the only mechanical change is the IC and even with higher ambients we only see -2.2deg in a 40! minute session. 3 logs in attached zip. first log is the first 40...
  6. ironicbadger

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

93 atm. I’m just going to go with factory tune on track this weekend. The EQT sawce is a bit spicy.
  7. ironicbadger

Heat problems on track: TECH. Read before adding an oil cooler!

I'd be down for chipping in a little for some actual tunnel time to test some parts out. https://a2wt.com/motorsports
  8. ironicbadger

alexktz's 2019 MK7.5 Golf R

I'm out with Chin this weekend so pre weekend maintenance is due. Planned / completed list below: Cautionary bleed of brake fluid Castrol SRF bled about 100ml on each corner - looked nearly new (it is) Fronts mildly more discolored than rear fluid but marginal Can probably leave longer next...
  9. ironicbadger

Heat problems on track: TECH. Read before adding an oil cooler!

https://amp.formula1.com/en/latest/article.testing-explained-rob-smedley-on-flow-vis.7nU2VePGlVrhIGa8wgCoLE.html You boys need some flow-vis!
  10. ironicbadger

NCCAR Event September

I'm enjoying how this thread has been completely and totally hijacked into recruiting OP for any and all track events except his original posting.
  11. ironicbadger

NCCAR Event September

If you're ever up Raleigh way, drop me a line.
  12. ironicbadger

Tuned Golf 7R Hot Climate Market?

Stock intercooler runs out of steam pretty quick when tuned. It's fine for a pull or two but not much more.
  13. ironicbadger

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

There's some conversation about it this thread - but it's also in that attached log file from my previous post here. That's exactly it. I'm not after spicy on track. I'm after consistent! If you've got time to talk me through your calibration (maybe not in this thread) that'd be very handy.
  14. ironicbadger

NCCAR Event September

Nothing beats the Lotus Top Gear test track.
  15. ironicbadger

NCCAR Event September

Going through tires and brakes is a fact of life on track. Really hope we didn't scare you off of going to NCCAR, that wasn't the intent. Do you have more than one set of wheels? You could get some of the famously stout Hankook RS4 tires which might last more than 2 days at NCCAR! Rob Wilmoth...