GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NCCAR Event September

ironicbadger

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 MK7.5 R EQT Stg1
Going through tires and brakes is a fact of life on track. Really hope we didn't scare you off of going to NCCAR, that wasn't the intent. Do you have more than one set of wheels? You could get some of the famously stout Hankook RS4 tires which might last more than 2 days at NCCAR!

Rob Wilmoth also rents tires. That could be worth asking him about. Check sizing though as he doesnt stock Golf compatible sized tires without someone asking iirc.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Going through tires and brakes is a fact of life on track. Really hope we didn't scare you off of going to NCCAR, that wasn't the intent. Do you have more than one set of wheels? You could get some of the famously stout Hankook RS4 tires which might last more than 2 days at NCCAR!

Rob Wilmoth also rents tires. That could be worth asking him about. Check sizing though as he doesnt stock Golf compatible sized tires without someone asking iirc.
Although I act like I have unlimited funds sometimes, I do not. No one scared me away from NCCAR, just want to do VIR!

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Agreed. I don’t like the thought of destroying a set of expensive tires within two days though.
VIR has always been the track I’ve wanted to drive. I went there with some friends about 12 years ago for a track daze event. I didn’t have a car on track at the time but after that event I knew that was my goal.

If you wanted to squeeze an inexpensive day in before the December weekend with TSCC, Fastivus is at the end of September and is only $160 for the day.

https://www.trackrabbit.com/event/details/10009983-FASTIVUS-2023-09-30

I'm not 100% sure if the lower groups are already filled or not, but it's a fun event. All VW/Audi stuff and will be on the Shenandoah Circuit which is a friggin blast.

1687871014770.png

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
If you wanted to squeeze an inexpensive day in before the December weekend with TSCC, Fastivus is at the end of September and is only $160 for the day.

https://www.trackrabbit.com/event/details/10009983-FASTIVUS-2023-09-30

I'm not 100% sure if the lower groups are already filled or not, but it's a fun event. All VW/Audi stuff and will be on the Shenandoah Circuit which is a friggin blast.

View attachment 284680
Cool looking track. That’s cutting it close to when I head back out on the road for work.

Redslaya

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
NCCAR was not a lotus project, but Lotus engineering was hired as a consultant when building/designing the facility in the late 00/early 10s. For some reason that track espeically hates michelin tires - i remember an RCF going through a new set each day. it is a really fun facility and a great track to learn on as there is nothing to hit if you go off. You'll have a great time!

Also excited to see you out in December at VIR!

Last edited:

ironicbadger

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 MK7.5 R EQT Stg1
NCCAR was not a lotus project, but Lotus engineer was hired as a consultant when building/designing the facility in the late 00/early 10s. For some reason that track espeically hates michelin tires - i remember an RCF going through a new set each day. it is a really fun facility and a great track to learn on as there is nothing to hit if you go off. You'll have a great time!

Also excited to see you out in December at VIR!
Nothing beats the Lotus Top Gear test track.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
So as I mentioned I signed up for the VIR event in December. Looking forward to the slew of GTIs and Rs that will be there. I do appreciate the feedback in the type of track NCCAR is on tires. I totally understand that tires are going to get worn on track and that’s part of it. Just not looking to drop $1000 on tires again this year.
I’m also going to the Loe Show the week before the NCCAR event so VIR will help with family duties as well. My goal is to get some different wheels, I’m thinking Pretoria’s, for daily duties and turn the Apex wheels into full track duty.
Anyway, looking forward to meeting you guys later this year.

ironicbadger

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 MK7.5 R EQT Stg1
So as I mentioned I signed up for the VIR event in December. Looking forward to the slew of GTIs and Rs that will be there. I do appreciate the feedback in the type of track NCCAR is on tires. I totally understand that tires are going to get worn on track and that’s part of it. Just not looking to drop $1000 on tires again this year.
I’m also going to the Loe Show the week before the NCCAR event so VIR will help with family duties as well. My goal is to get some different wheels, I’m thinking Pretoria’s, for daily duties and turn the Apex wheels into full track duty.
Anyway, looking forward to meeting you guys later this year.
If you're ever up Raleigh way, drop me a line.

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Totally forgot to mention, there is a Track Night in America event on July 20th. It's a Thursday, but only $240 (for AM or PM). Me and @ironicbadger are signed up for the PM sessions, and I think he's running the AM as well. I'll be there testing out a giant hood vent, and also trying to convince @Redslaya to come along as well.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Totally forgot to mention, there is a Track Night in America event on July 20th. It's a Thursday, but only $240 (for AM or PM). Me and @ironicbadger are signed up for the PM sessions, and I think he's running the AM as well. I'll be there testing out a giant hood vent, and also trying to convince @Redslaya to come along as well.
VIR as well?