GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. T

help, over rev'd, misfires

new valves, timing chain, water pump. same motor, just a lot of parts replaced. I have a 1 and 1/2 page list of things replaced. they found some other issues too. leaking water pump, leaking thermostat, something with the emissions that was getting oil in the coolant
  2. T

just an update. 2 bent valves, a broken rocker and $3400 and it is good as new
  3. T

good video. I cant imagine much actual damage though. because it will run/drive fine for about 5 minutes. then the epc light comes on and it starts misfiring. I turn it off and back on and it runs fine again. boosts fine, idles fine, drives fine.
  4. T

2015 GTI -so I messed up. I was playing on the interstate with a friend. I accidentally shifted from 3rd to 2nd at about 90mph. (I know, I f'd up. I have never done that before) my tachometer went to 8,000+ rpm. it ran ok for a few minutes, then starts mis-firing. check engine light is on. if I...
  5. T

Universal Rally Armor Mudflaps

the universal rally armours are cheap plastic, unlike their actual kits
  6. T

Where and through who should i buy an extended warranty for my 2017 Golf R?

warrantys are garbage. for the price of a warranty I can fix ALOT of stuff! and with the fine print, they can get out of any repair.
  7. T

Sad about Kobe.

except for that whole rape thing. atleast he paid her off
  8. T

Best Weight Reduction Methods

nobody is this stupid, right?
  9. T

The most annoying Vs moment of your life........

trying to avoid needing a clutch anytime soon. running a neuspeed power module only. also I need to be worried about it being an early '15 model. I have read a lot of bad things about them.
  10. T

The most annoying Vs moment of your life........

a guy i work with has a focus st. we play on the interstate going to work some days. his car does not have a 125mph speed limiter. so at 125mph I watch him drive away and nothing I can do. I hate it.
  11. T

Neuspeed Power Module = Clutch Slip

just out of curiosity, have you removed the clutch delay valve? I believe they are hard on the clutch.
  12. T

removed the CDV in the R

I think the valve is to help bad manual drivers
  13. T

removed the CDV in the R

one of the first things I did was remove it from my gti. it is so much better. I assume better for the clutch too.
  14. T

Neuspeed Power Module = Clutch Slip

I have had the power module o my '15 gti for 20k miles. the car has 80k miles with no clutch issues yet. I am sure driver, tires, and others affect this.
  15. T

So long Baby.. Another '15 Bricked

are problems only with the 7-14 build date? im curious how safe my 4-14 build date is.
  16. T

So long Baby.. Another '15 Bricked

I have a 15 gti 6 speed. I believe my build date is 4/15! no issues yet at 80k miles. but im not tuned either. how worried should I be?
  17. T

TDI rims on GTI?

if you have the normal small brakes you will be fine. I run "16 wheels from an audi a4 on my '15 gti
  18. T

Roof rack removal without a key

vw, thule, or vortex could not help me. I just turned the lock with a screwdriver. yes this breaks it
  19. T

Leaking oil from fill cap

I have searched. Most people have some seepage. I have leakage. I have probably lost 1/2 a quart of oil in a couple days. It is leaking out the fill cap and down the engine and dripping on the ground. So this issue just started a couple days ago. I did my last oil change about 2 weeks ago. The...