GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Good quality and well made versatile Android unit for my Golf

humioritz

I ordered a Pumpkin Android head unit before, the device is Pumpkin 8" Octa-Core Android 9.0 Infotainment System 2 DIN for VW, Seat, Skoda. The product code is AA0437B.

I have had installed for a while so long but, so far, the experience is very positive.
The stereo is a perfect fit and replaces the factory fitted. It was, easy to install as accept directly the VW can bus.

Once first boot, successive ones are almost instantaneous.
Sound quality is as good as the original one, but has didderebt settings availability in the amplifier function.
The screen has a good definition, image is sharp and clear although does not have contrast settings, only bright ones. Cannot be read at direct sunlight but I did expect this.
Bluetooth is easily paired and has an option to automatically reconnect, which works with my handset. When done, you can see and use contacts from your handset.
I have been using GPS function with Google maps and works as well as on my phone. Also, maps can be downloaded and used offline. There is also a slot available for maps sd cards.

The unit accepts rear camera and dash camera inputs with good image quality although, this would depend on the camera itself, I guess. There is a different setting to make the cameras working.
By changing a few settings, I have worked can bus display, like doors opening, dual temperature and climatization, parking sensors and so on. The unit also accepts steering wheel connection like sound up, down or mute, phoning function and has some settings to assign more functions but, at the moment, I haven't explored these yet.
When paired, using the tethering function on my phone, the stereo will be online by using WiFi. Also connecting the phone by USB port could be mirrored. There is also available, a dongle which houses a SIM card.
I also have a dongle to connect to the usb port. If so the phone can be connected, through it, to the stereo so a sort of Android Auto can be played, managing some apps via voice. I have not used it yet so no feedback at the moment.
Also, the stereo has some other services available like play CDs or DVDs even over other screen tablets connected to the unit m, download and install Android apps, etc, so works like a very sophisticated Android tablet.

Overall looks good quality and well made versatile Android stereo at an interesting price.

If you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment and I'll be sure to reply. I will update more about this unit asap. I haven't quite covered everything in this review.

humioritz

so your steering wheel radio buttons still work?
Sure, it works with my car steering wheel control. It also allows setting the buttons as you want.

I summarized several features of this Pumpkin head unit.
PROS:
Quite cheap
Superfast
Good storage
3 Seconds to boot up
Google Play Store installed
Works with most Seat, Skoda, Audi, and VW models
Great aftersales care from Pumpkin
Good quality

CONS:
The screen can be quite poor in direct sunlight