GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

removed the CDV in the R

olds350

Passed Driver's Ed
Last week I needed some warranty work done on the '19 R. While there I asked the mechanic about the clutch delay valve and it's removal. We had a talk and I decided to have it removed. Best decision ever. Shifts are more precise and predictable. I no longer feel like a complete newbie just starting to drive a manual. Engagement points are consistent and muscle memory is starting to kick in. This makes driving the car SO much more enjoyable. If you're on the fence about having this done, don't wait, do it... Cheap mod...

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
I pulled mine out two days ago. Haven’t driven it much since so can’t comment much on feel yet tho

olds350

Passed Driver's Ed
one of the first things I did was remove it from my gti. it is so much better. I assume better for the clutch too.
Agreed, better for the clutch according to the tech. Since the valve is there to slow clutch engagement, I assume it's a touch slower to fully engage the flywheel and inherently allows slip. With no delay valve, faster clutch engagement and less slip on the actual clutch. Makes sense this would increase the life of the clutch disk.