GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Supermoto

Why can't I get rid of this car?

When I did the calculations based on my annual driving habits and cost of charging the car, it came out to around a $4k savings per year. Solar or not, that's a generous savings. I drove my GTI today and it is really fun, but seeing the dash say I'm getting 18-20mpg reminds me why I am selling...
  2. Supermoto

Believe me I have tried everything. I don't have a clue why my mileage is so bad. I do sometimes cruise at 90-110 but I expect my mileage to be poor in those situations. The part that gets me is when I'm cruising at most 10 over the speed limit of even just slow speed driving around town, my...
  3. Supermoto

Honestly because of the price of gas I don't drive the GTI like a fun car, so I'm not really missing out on too much. I love the platform of the GTI, everything is right where it should be and it's a very well made machine. But from what I've seen in person and read online, the '23 bolts are...
  4. Supermoto

I've never had a Chevy, VW is actually my preferred brand if car (I've had 3 of them). Charge speed doesn't matter much to me since I will be charging at home and have solar so cost of charging is irrelevant. The car is going to be used for daily commuting, on the rare occurrence of a road trip...
  5. Supermoto

Have I been wasting $ on premium for years?

I've been monitoring gas usage recently as prices are going up. I average 21mpg no matter how I drive. Tomorrow I'm picking up a bolt EUV premier for 10k off after tax credit, I'll be back in the GTI game when the ID2 GTI comes around.
  6. Supermoto

I thought the same until a few weeks ago when I was standing at the pump and realized I'm paying $70+ in gas for a car that gets an average of 20mpg (indicated and calculated). Today I'm picking up a '23 Chevy Bolt EUV and selling the GTI.
  7. Supermoto

Have I been wasting $ on premium for years?

I been running 91 here in Cali but my car only gets like 22mpg on a good day, and I am not flooring it everywhere. I've actually began looking into Nissan Leafs and other EVs cause the cost of gas is becoming absurd.
  8. Supermoto

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Got the APR intake installed. Way better than the eBay setup I was running before. Didn't want to spend $30 on a breather from APR so I got a 25mm breather for 8 bucks on Amazon. If you remove all the plastic clip parts from the SAI fitting you are left with a 30mm diameter fitting that the...
  9. Supermoto

New APR Intake System for Only $189.95!

Finally got ahold of one for $180, looks great. Cleaned it with OrangeSol to dissolve all the old oil, reoiled it with K&N filter oil. The stock intake hose is a bit loose on the PEX intake so 1 wrap of gorilla tape gave it the thickness it needed for the clamp to seal well. I didn't want to...
  10. Supermoto

Slight Buzz under load, minor, but present. Thought I fixed it, Recent DP install

Well, if you plan to troubleshoot it yourself the only option is getting the car up on jackstands and crawling underneath. Take a look at how everything is laid out and what's hitting what, then start loosening clamps and adjust it till it's all installed correctly. I wouldn't hesitate to bring...
  11. Supermoto

Slight Buzz under load, minor, but present. Thought I fixed it, Recent DP install

Who installed your exhaust/DP? Every exhaust system and downpipe I've worked with has had plenty of adjustability to make it clear everything with room to spare. If you had it installed by a shop and this is happening, they should fix it at no cost by properly setting it up. If you want to fix...
  12. Supermoto

Class action lawsuit letter (Waterpump)

Meanwhile my car still loosing coolant
  13. Supermoto

JB4 with bluetooth

I paid 75 bucks for mine and they usually seem to sell for $100 to $175, this might be a bit steep
  14. Supermoto

WTB: APR PEX Intake

Bump
  15. Supermoto

eBay Twintercooler

It fit just fine, the 90mm thickness has it right up against the grill at either side but it worked out. Some of the upper bumper clips couldn't go all the way back in position, but once everything is installed it looks good and is solid. Today it was 93 degrees (San Diego) and I took the car...
  16. Supermoto

My Attempt and Progress at a DIY AC Compressor Replacement

I mean that car had a whole host of problems on top of the air conditioning issues. Sunroof trim clear coat peeling, coolant loss, scratches and damage here and there, needed a carbon cleaning, and a lot of other little issues that I can't recall right now. Plus technology wise it was pretty...
  17. Supermoto

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I have the fender system in my 2019 GTI Autobahn. I'm down for actual loud bass depending on the price 😂