GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I am jumping into this discussion and have no idea where it begins, but I'd like to do the one and done setup

You got the base stereo (non fender?)

Just go helix, unless you really want to have actual loud bass.
my setup, now that I've done it, is stupid easy to do and it can take a LOT......social club misfits nearly crushes my hatch window lol. Biggest wait time was for my box to be built for the Dayton sub.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Started her up and let her run for a few min. Thankfully the fire was only cosmetic damage. Back to saving up for another clutch.
What clutch are you using and how many have you been through?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
What clutch are you using and how many have you been through?
I am on the original ACT VW9-HDSS -(rated to 500/tq), that was installed at around 55k miles. It has been in for the past 60k at Unitronic Stage 2 hp right at 400tq, and the last several thousand miles with IS38 swap with Diggs tune via OS, at whatever the power level is (I honestly dont know what she is pushing now). She was fast is all I can say, and clutch was trigger quick engaging right until is wasn't.

Here is where I got mine:

https://www.maperformance.com/products/act-street-clutch-kit-2015-2017-vw-gti-golf-r-mk7-vw9-hdss

Will probably replace with their 6 puck setup and extreme pp.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I am on the original ACT VW9-HDSS -(rated to 500/tq), that was installed at around 55k miles. It has been in for the past 60k at Unitronic Stage 2 hp right at 400tq, and the last several thousand miles with IS38 swap with Diggs tune via OS, at whatever the power level is (I honestly dont know what she is pushing now). She was fast is all I can say, and clutch was trigger quick engaging right until is wasn't.

Here is where I got mine:

https://www.maperformance.com/products/act-street-clutch-kit-2015-2017-vw-gti-golf-r-mk7-vw9-hdss

Will probably replace with their 6 puck setup and extreme pp.
Out of curiosity where's your clutches bite point? Right near the very top?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP