GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. StealthGTI

Suction Pump Seal Recall

OUCH! I have a small obstruction. My fuel tank access port is beneath this battery... :oops: :ROFLMAO:
  2. StealthGTI

Plastic oil pan took a hit

I have a steel pan. I haven't found the right balance of RTV sealant that doesn't eventually leak. I guess I'm paranoid about using too much. I have since installed an oil pan gasket from a Tiguan with success, though it requires checking the torque on the oil pan screws from time to time...
  3. StealthGTI

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Thanks, Jake! I considered the LPFP, too. But the fault happened just the one time. Still, would a LPFP issue trigger a DTC? My scan was clean.
  4. StealthGTI

Is the GTI considered Rare?

I don't consider the GTI to be rare at all. When you mentioned that yours is white, all I could think of was this photo that I took when I was shopping for my Reflex Silver GTI: White is everywhere in my area. Red may be next most common. One thing I can honestly say that I like about my 2017...
  5. StealthGTI

Tow hitch with wiring?

Thanks for the tag! I tried the Tekonsha (119250) T-Connector, which features inductive pickups that simply clip around the appropriate wire. It worked well for a bit. But I found the module to need resetting far too often. I bought another one, like a fool, and used it for another 2-3 years...
  6. StealthGTI

I had a small hiccup with my engine. Rather than start a new thread, I figured I'd just dump a question in here since nothing seems to really be wrong at this point. I went to start the engine and the starter quit about 1/2-second after pushing the start button. I think it did it again on the...
  7. StealthGTI

Finally, I received my oil sample report from Blackstone. I think it speaks for itself. Keep in mind that I've run with 10,000-mile oil drains for the life of the car, with the exception of just before 2020's coast-to-coast road trip and later when my turbo was swapped to IS38. Otherwise, I've...
  8. StealthGTI

More Than Meets the Eyes

It's been a while since I've touched this thread. I haven't done any performance upgrades since my top post. But I have gone nuts with the ham radio mods. I've updated the top post with new photos and the equipment list. I did not share photos of a rooftop mounted radio tower. It was an...
  9. StealthGTI

Helix + Rockford Fosgate + Ham Radio

Time for an update: I had been watching the roof rack for signs of damage from the rooftop tower. I spotted very small variances in the rack tower mating area. Removal, disassembly, and inspection revealed small deformations within the internal components of the rack. While the tower and...
  10. StealthGTI

Window trim stretched out of shape after removing rain guards

I felt the same when I removed mine. The seals swelled back to regular size in a few weeks. Give it time and see what happens. Good Luck!
  11. StealthGTI

High Mileage Champ- Anyone over 100,000 or 200,000

I just crossed the 200,000-mile mark: APR Stage 1 at 17k, Stage 2 (DP and IC) around 45k, and IS38 at 128k. I've replaced two starter batteries, two ventilator blowers, the injectors (only one had failed), water pump/themostat/housing, and have had two intake cleanings. I also upgraded the...
  12. StealthGTI

Installed my new compact 6m/2m SSB Yagi setup (~3 dBd). It's easier to install/remove than the full-sized tower; plus, it's more road-friendly since it's 3ft shorter and can travel while turned sideways for a narrower aspect. I can even fit it through my favorite drive-thru! 😜 I'm...
  13. StealthGTI

Helix + Rockford Fosgate + Ham Radio

My new compact 6m/2m SSB Yagi setup (~3 dBd). It's easier to install/remove; plus, it's more road-friendly since it's 3ft shorter and can travel while turned sideways for a narrower aspect. I can even fit it through my favorite drive-thru! 😜 I'm taking it to Baltimore this weekend...
  14. StealthGTI

Fog Blank Replacement?

Hello, Quick version: I struck a loose tree stump in the road and broke my foglight blank/fins... I'll find out more when the replacement arrives, but can this be replaced without removing the bumper? The closest answer that I found via search was the thread where a Sport owner had...
  15. StealthGTI

Tutorial: How-To Fit Helix Soundbox + Spare in GTI

Hey, I'm not sure that I understand the question completely. Are you asking if reflashing to a different file will be problematic? The answer is no. Please clarify if that's not what you asked. The dealer will charge quite a bit more to reflash your Helix than if you were to get on the waiting...
  16. StealthGTI

What's the best (free) software for creating a video?

If you go the phone route, make sure you can keep it plugged into a charger. Video recordings drain the battery faster than you'd think. I cannot imagine it lasting for two hours without external power... not even close! Do some tests to make sure that having it plugged into a charger doesn't...
  17. StealthGTI

Sub-to-Dub's 2017 GTI Sport

Can you share a zoomed-out shot of where that drain is located? I don't recall seeing anything like that on my car. But I sure hear water sloshing in my hatch after a wash. My drain may be dislodged or clogged. :(
  18. StealthGTI

Haha! The story behind this kid is funny. He had a crush on the girl next to him and was desperately trying to not fart beside her. His own words years later. I said something similar to some smart-ass who decided to say to me "Damn, you're old enough to be my dad." In military circles, a 40...
  19. StealthGTI

HAHA! There's truth there. Oftentimes, when there's an issue, be it noise, leaks, or other small things, I can often trace to whatever I have tinkered with. :rolleyes: I'm currently diagnosing an oil leak that appears to be with the steel oil pan "upgrade." They're kind of a bitch to seal for...
  20. StealthGTI

Helix Soundbox Upgrade Information Post!

Hello, "Remote control" is the wrong term to describe the part. It is a "Demonstration" switch. The ONLY thing it's good for is showing the difference between stock and Helix. I still flip that switch for passengers from time to time. But it stays in the Helix position 99.999999% of the time...