GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
uhhhh seriously? I never knew that if that's the case....if so....61k without doing so would def make it fail lol. I didn't put any on with the install either, sooooooooo ruh roh
I have goldfish memory (like the snack, actual goldfish apparently are more intelligent than we give them credit for) so I may not be the most accurate source of information. IMO it's an easy part to get to, just put some oil from the dipstick on your finger and rub a little on the o-ring IF you feel so inclined

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Installed my new compact 6m/2m SSB Yagi setup (~3 dBd).

It's easier to install/remove than the full-sized tower; plus, it's more road-friendly since it's 3ft shorter and can travel while turned sideways for a narrower aspect. I can even fit it through my favorite drive-thru! 😜

I'm taking it to Baltimore this weekend for a Parks on the Air activation with a group of other hams. They asked me to bring a VHF setup. This will be my first time working POTA on VHF. 😎

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

It's easier to install/remove than the full-sized tower; plus, it's more road-friendly since it's 3ft shorter and can travel while turned sideways for a narrower aspect. I can even fit it through my favorite drive-thru! 😜

I'm taking it to Baltimore this weekend for a Parks on the Air activation with a group of other hams. They asked me to bring a VHF setup. This will be my first time working POTA on VHF. 😎
MK7 portable EMP device

Benihana

Go Kart Champion

Lol not much more work to turn it into a helicopter.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Who doesn't like helicopters?
🙋🏿‍♂️
Anyone in the aviation industry... Helicopters love to just pop up below final and give airliners TCAS RAs, or pull it back to 40 knots on final ruining your perfect sequence. Sir you were number one, but Ezekiel in his horse and buggy are overtaking you so now you're number last.
Can confirm all of the above.

I work at Van Nuys airport, on the same side of the runway as the helipad... DHL helicopter (they ain't brought me nothing), random helicopters (please go away, all of you), News Station helicopters (does traffic on the 5/101/110/118/134/405/710/etc. really count as news), sight seeing helicopters (please go away, all of you), flight school helicopters (may the all knowing of your choice help us all), and Children's Hospital helicopter (do whatever you need to whenever you need to, save the babies)

The helicopters are always doing weirdo things. Sometimes choosing to "taxi" along the full length of the runway at 30' off the ground, other times pretending they're going to "taxi" then changing their mind and cutting across right over you, coming over the area of no grass to land thus kicking up massive amount of dust in your area on the way to their area... no thank you sir/ma'am.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Changed my front pads just in time. I guess I was lucky they made it through last track day. On a positive note, like running your gas tank to empty, I now know how much pad I need to get through track day. Just a visual measurement. Wish I had calipers to measure exactly.

Carbotech XP12 just in case anyone wondering. 4 track days, 25 AutoX. 8k miles

Old vs New
20230427_111909.jpg

This one was hanging on for dear life

20230427_115617.jpg

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
This one was hanging on for dear life

View attachment 279500
Really lucky it didn't delaminate off the backing plate that low. That's happened to me once already trying to be brave and doing a session with too little material. Never again heh.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Really lucky it didn't delaminate off the backing plate that low. That's happened to me once already trying to be brave and doing a session with too little material. Never again heh.

Didn't know that could happen. Yikes.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Didn't know that could happen. Yikes.
1682627601923.png

Yeah, this is what a set looked like when this happened. Big chunks of material were just delaminating entirely from the pad. One wore all the way down to the backing material and fucked my rotor, too.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
What I do to my MK7 today?

When closing the Hood today the arm must of hit the QD fitting attached to the Ethanol sensor causing the line to blow and dump fuel everywhere!!
IMG_20230427_202430.jpg

The street was full of fuel I had to push my car to side.

Crazy thing I was doing runs that night, this happened on the way home on the side streets doing 40mph or less, reaching a stop sign, it just shut down.

A real video of me, when I popped the hood and saw E85 all over the place.