GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. S

Passenger Seat Rattle?

Yesterday evening I noticed my passenger seat is rattling at almost all speeds and it is a massive pain in the neck. I don't know why it started doing it but it has. I managed to stop the rattle temporarily by putting a cloth between the centre console arm rest and seat (as the photo shows)...
  2. S

Spins' Night Blue R

Here is my Night Blue 5dr DSG R - I have lots to say about it and so check back Sunday evening! but in the meantime here are some photos of it in a few different places; all in rain and dirty conditions. It needs a detail and protection ASAP. Already scratched one of my prets on the rim so...
  3. S

German Configuator is what to use when choosing your car

I was very unimpressed by the UK config site; it looks bad and not photo realistic. But head over to the German config site and it's beautiful; every position, inside and out and photo realistic. This is the R I ordered last week with 19" wheels, sunroof and in Night Blue.
  4. S

How long do I have to wait for an order number!?

I ordered an R on Monday and still no order number! The dealer said as soon as he gets it he will let me know. I know it will take a couple of months but I want to track it on the system... I ordered a Night Blue 5 Dr DSG, Sunroof, DCC, Tech Pack, Lane Assist & High Beam assist, 19" Prets...
  5. S

Tech Pack with App-Connect?

I just ordered a brand new R (couldn't resist). Anyway the dealer says that the Tech Pack comes with App-Connect but I can't see that anywhere on the VW site. Can anyone confirm this?
  6. S

Just ordered a new R :)

For the last couple of months I have been driving a 6 month old GTD; which I love. It is a fantastic car but I have really lusted for a Golf R. Problem was the existing finance. Well the dealer today not only knocked £4K off the list price but also agreed to clear the finance on the GTD. So I...
  7. S

Has anyone in the UK fitted R DRL to an already Bi-Xenon GTI/D?

I have asked about R lights in my GTD before; however I didn't realise that the replica lights I have seen are Halogen lights which run off the 2 connections that they have; whereas the GTD/I has multiple connectors. So has anyone done this in the UK? Can anyone point me to somewhere that has...
  8. S

Curbed my wheel :(

I am such an idiot! There was a car in front of me that stopped in the middle of the road; and so I tried to mount the curb but scratched my front drive side alloy. Admittedly the damage is small and you wouldn't see it unless looking for it but it's very annoying. That guy could have stopped...
  9. S

Oil light has come on twice within 8,000 Miles

Exactly as the title says; in my GTD I have now had the check oil level light twice within 8,000 miles. Does the GTD eat oil or is that something that I need checked?
  10. S

Why does the Golf R look less impressive than the GTI/D from the front?

I find this to be really strange; the R is the highest end Golf with amazing performance but if you look at it from the front the from bumper/spoiler is very boring where as the shark-fin design on the GTI/D are much more aggressive. I don't understand it. I think if I bought an R I'd want to...
  11. S

VW UK Solutions Car "Upgrades"

I recently bought a lovely GTD using solutions; and I am thinking I would like a Golf R as my circumstances have changed and economy is no longer an issue (that doesn't mean I have unlimited money to spend on fuel, rather that I have alternate transportation!). I understand that for the first...
  12. S

Colour of Bi-Xenons isn't blue?

I'm very conscious of the fact that the colour of my bi-xenon so on my GTD are not blue like those on an Audi or Mercedes. They are whiter than standard halogens but lack definition. The lights look like a blob essentially when looked at from certain positions. I would like them the same colour...
  13. S

Removing Tuning Box Before Service?

I had a DTUK box fitted yesterday; all good. I am due a 10,000 mile service with an oil change in about 4,000 miles which if I carry on my current mileage will probably be May sometime. I understand that it's a good idea to remove it if I have an issue so I can try to get it sorted under...
  14. S

R Headlights UK

I'd love to put some R double-u lights on my GTD. I've seen quite a few US threads about headlights. Anyone do that in the UK?
  15. S

Weird ACC and EHB messages?

I have started having random issues with my car since yesterday. As a technology lover I have just turned the car off and on and the warnings have gone away but I don't know if the occasional glitch is to be expected or if I should have it checked. Yesterday it came up with a "ACC is not...
  16. S

Do I exchange my GTD for a GTI or R? or keep it?

Assuming my VW used car has the 30 day exchange period which it should do I have been considering if I should change the car. I am only thinking about this because I want to get the maximum value for my money and not because I don't love my GTD. Because I do. For a very small price difference...
  17. S

Don't understand tuning GTD?

I do not understand if and how to turn the GTD I have. There should be a sticky thread about this! How easy is it to improve the HP on the GTD? And where and how would I do it?
  18. S

Tiny paint chip on door. Can I repair myself?

It is very windy here in the UK currently (as those of you here will know) and tonight the wind blew my door open and the outer edge scraped along the wall. The result is a paint chip in my door; slightly to the inside that is a couple of mm at most. it is right near the bottom. In all honesty...
  19. S

Can you add features like park assist to car?

Just curious. Is it possible to go to the dealer and add park assist to my existing GTD. It didn't come with it so can it be fitted? And the same for other safety features like side assist etc?
  20. S

Best UK GAP Insurance?

I took out GAP insurance from my dealer when I picked up my GTD however I am within my 14 day change of mind period and I am considering if that was the best deal I got from VW. In all honesty I don't know the different types of GAP insurance or what my policy with VW includes. I am very...