GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. R

Multilink vs Torsion Rear Suspension. What are the differences ?

Hey guys. So my 2016 MK7 GT EDITION has the Multilink rear suspension setup. I've been offered a set of new coilovers at a really good price, but they were for a MK7 with a rear torsion bar setup. My question is, is there any differences with the actual rear struts on these ? Would they fit...
  2. R

Neuspeed P-Flow Induction kit - MK7 Golf GTI

Price: £290 posted. Contact: Via PM Please. _________________ Here I have a Neuspeed Induction kit, complete with heat shield, fixings, intake pipe, silicone connector from turbo intake and clips, suited for a MK7 Golf GTI. Bought this just before Xmas. It's brand new, never been fitted...
  3. R

DTUK FSR+ Tuning Box

Hi guys. I'm selling my DTUK Tuning Box. It's only been used twice since buying and receiving it on the 24th December. Takes the power to 310bhp. And torque to 457nm. Grab yourself a bargain. £390 plus free postage. It's practically brand new. Cheers. Rich. :)
  4. R

Sachs SRE Performance Kit

Right, my OEM clutch in my Mk7 GTI PP is slipping after tuning it, so I will be buying this to be fitted at the end of the month. http://www.awesomegti.com/car/vw/golf-mk-7/sachs-performance-clutch-kit-for-volkswagen-golf-mk7-gti Will this be ok to use with the OEM flywheel ? And has anyone...
  5. R

Sachs SRE Performance Kit

Right, my OEM clutch in my Mk7 GTI PP is slipping after tuning it, so I will be buying this to be fitted at the end of the month. http://www.awesomegti.com/car/vw/golf-mk-7/sachs-performance-clutch-kit-for-volkswagen-golf-mk7-gti Will this be ok to use with the OEM flywheel ? And has anyone...
  6. R

Clutch slipping after DTUK Tuning Box

Right then guys. Looks like my manual 2014 Mk7 Golf GTI PP has a slipping clutch now. I fitted the tuning box on Sunday morning, and have been messing around with the various settings on the box. Was very impressed with it, especially the amount of power and torque it delivers. ;) But...
  7. R

DTUK Tunng Box For MK7 GTI

Hey guys ? Been looking into these rather a lot lately, and I think I'm going to buy one for my MK7 GTI Performance. Just want to hear other people's opinions on this too. They seem really good, and I've haven't heard any bad reviews or stories about them which is great to hear. Plus, the...
  8. R

Mk7 Golf Register

https://www.facebook.com/groups/VWRegister/ Hey guys. Me and a few friends have started a MK7 Golf register on Facebook. Would be great to see some of yours on the page. We currently run the Mk1 and Mk2 Golf Register, as well as the London cartel which has been a great success. So...
  9. R

Won't select reverse

Hi everyone. I've got a 2014 MK7 GTI PP in manual, and the last couple of days it's been refusing to go into reverse gear ! Quite embarrassing sometimes if I'm honest. Took me 10mins to literally force it into reverse this morning on my way to work, as I had to back out of my driveway ...
  10. R

Mk7 GTI air filter - Which one ?

Hi guys. Just a quick question regarding upgrading the air filter on my Mk7 Golf GTI Performance. I've been looking at a few examples, some people have opted for a direct panel filter replacement, others have removed the air box completely to fit a full cold air induction kit. What would...
  11. R

Dunlop Sport MAXX RT - Wearing quickly

I've got Dunlop Sport MAXX RT 225/35/19's on my Mk7 GTI, and have just noticed that the fronts are nearly worn down to the tread indicators already ! I've only done 7000 miles since March when I received it. I know these are a soft tyre and they are the fronts, but they shouldn't be wearing...
  12. R

Gearbox rattle - Manual

I've been hearing a slight rattle coming from the gearbox today. It's only when pulling off at low revs, just passed tick over. You can hear a metallic rattle sound when pulling off in 1st or in reverse ? Anyone else having this problem ? Hoping its not anything bad to be honest. Once...
  13. R

Golf R wheel shears off !!

http://news.epicinter.net/customers-brand-new-volkswagen-golf-r-wheel-literally-disintegrates-at-speed/ Very worrying to be honest. For those of you that don't know, the front left alloy wheel on my Mk7 GTI has caved in slightly. The thread for this is in the wheel section. Scary stuff...
  14. R

Damaged Santiago !

Decided to give the MK7 a quick clean today, and to my disappointment, I was greeted with this - Now, I've honestly not hit any kerbs, portholes or speed bumps at speed. Where I live we have a few speed bumps, but nothing that would bend a wheel ! Plus I'd never drive over bumps fast or...
  15. R

Mk7 Golf Evo

Not sure if this is a repost, but I thought I'd share this anyway :) http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=29703 It's got GTI badges, R wheels and a big wing; just what is VW planning? Tbh, the GTI should be the best of the bunch, not the R. ;)
  16. R

PP GTI Brake Size

As above really, can anyone tell me the specification of the front and rear brake sizes on the Performance Pack GTI. Also, any info regarding the calipers front and back would be great too. Cheers :)
  17. R

Wiper Arm Hits Bonnet

Has anyone else noticed this ! When cleaning my Mk7 GTi, there is no way you can lift the front wipers in the air to clean the windscreen, as the arms hit the bonnet! It's the only thing annoying me about the Mk7. Anyone else noticed this ? Rich. :)
  18. R

Exhaust Noise.

Not sure if its just me, but does anyone get a slight 'tin' like sound when revving at low revs ? To me it sounds like the exhaust is blowing slightly from the front ? I may be wrong, but just wondering if anyone else has had similar sounds from there GTI ? I've not had it looked at yet...
  19. R

My 3Dr GTI Performance

My 3Dr GTI PP - Mag Feature Thought I'd share a few pictures of my new 3dr GTI - I'm in love :D
  20. R

Dynaudio

Who has the Dynaudio package fitted in their GTI's ? Been hearing mixed reviews regarding it, especially where the subwoofer is situated ? Also, what is the quality of the sound like from the speaker system ? I went for this option on my MK7 GTI, as I enjoy my music whist driving. Just want...