GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. SD11

Do I need an ECU AND separate DSG flash or do most tunes do both?

???? I like the Unitronic flash. I have only driven the Unitron and an APR stg2 . Both very good, stage 2 more than I want or need though. Do these have code for the DSG as well or separate?
  2. SD11

We sold our Oryx 6-speed..... should I get another R???

So I have to admit, I like having an R in inventory.... what do you guys think??? I am trying to raise the game at our store and I def want the GTI and R crowd/buyers to know this a go to store for those cars.... do you guys buy into that all??? Do any of you find any added incentive to buy...
  3. SD11

0% on CPO Vdubs.....

Just came down..... get em while they are hot. I have 3 GTI's that will qualify...
  4. SD11

0% avail on CPO Vdubs......

Just came down..... get em while they are hot..
  5. SD11

Non GTI pics...

6. SD11

R questions for the discerning buyer......

OK, we dealer traded for an R a few days ago, I drove it twice, today I was showing it, no start, battery is dead. Jumped it, threw an EPC code and was in reduced power mode during the drive, we went and got coffee anyway.... Car is back in serv getting a battery and code cleared, here is my...
  7. SD11

Any pics of Pure white 4DR with Pretoria/R blk split spoke rims?

Thanks in advance if someone could share a pic.... :cool:
  8. SD11

NEW 2019/2020 GTI's ***0%*** 72 mos 1st Payment defer 10/20

Hi Guys, I have 18 cars in stock that qualify INCLUDING a white R 6spd Man... Local Jacksonville FL store, I am new car salesperson and LONG TIME Vdub nut and current MK7 owner. Tier 1 is anything north of FICO 700 If any of you are looking to upgrade or buy your first GTI, you all know 0% is a...
  9. SD11

75K refresh, tune-up, suggestions..

Hey all, been a minute since I have been around. I noticed a month or so ago one of my front struts was groaning, think its time to give this buggy some love. Here are a few things I am planning to do to the car, anything else? And most importantly, I had planned on just using OEM stuff, but...
  10. SD11

DSG fluid swap ???

Going to do my DSG fluid again, this time DIY, having studied this, have a quick question. If I TOP fill the box through the filter housing. Can I simply leave the bottom drain cap OUT, and run the car until the fluid comes up to temp? That kind of looks like what is happening? The larger cap...
  11. SD11

Ominous DSG noise/behavior

Hey guys, and gals, are there gals on this board? I am continuing to have very minor DSG issues, however, seems to be going from minor to concern. I drove from Phoenix to San Diego a couple of days ago and the following morning I noticed and ever so slightly elevated whine coming from the...
  12. SD11

Pre emptive brake job, where to buy parts

Hey all, I ordered the Firestone tires for the car and should have them shortly, also, decided to do the brakes pre-emptively. Backs are getting down there and fronts are at maybe <30%. Car has 36k and wanting to stay ahead of the curve. I usually do the pads and rotors, I am happy with the...
  13. SD11

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!

So I had left word at the dealership that I wanted to check out the R when they hit the ground, this was about 6 weeks ago. I was online setting up an appt to have some tires put on the GTI and while I was on the site I looked to see if they had an R and they did, so drove over there and not...
  14. SD11

Good deal on tires???

Local dealer having a sale, 4 tires mounted, balanced for $540 + tax, tire is the oem hankook ventus that I have been happy with. Pretty good deal yes?? Also they provide a 12 month hazard warranty at 100% and 24 months at 50% on top of the sale price.
  15. SD11

Positive Dealer experience

So I continue to drive the wheels off the GTI and I am going to go over the 36k mark by the end of the year and likely 8-10 months AHEAD of the 3 year ownership mark and I had a couple of issues I wanted addressed. Last time I took it in for an oil change at the dealership where I purchased the...
  16. SD11

MK7 hangs with a Shelby GT350 in the twisties

Had a great couple of rounds with the Shelby on the back roads today. On two separate sections I was able to hang with the Shelby in the curvy parts, when it got tight, the GTI was all over it. Just happened to be on the same road together, no idea who it was. Good times though.
  17. SD11

Who has the best throttle map??

So after 18k miles, I still cant seem to get the throttle to react quite how I would like and I am now officially blaming the car. The car has enough power for me so not looking for a huge power increase, just want a more user friendly throttle map. What do you recommend? TIA
  18. SD11

Whats a smoking deal on an R??

I know I am unlikely to get the huge discount I was able to get on the GTI, but what is the best pricepoint you have seen on an in stock R? I have only been able to find black ones I don't need this car at all, and frankly I really like my GTI, but, I have driven the R and its a whole lot more...
  19. SD11

Is this an OE wheel???

http://www.lanescarproducts.com/18-fits-vw-volkswagen-gti-wheel-black-machd-face-18x8/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=**LP%20-%20Shop%20-%20NEW%20Auto%20Wheels%20(0-250)&utm_term=4576304834309528&utm_content=47580%20%7C%20OE%20Wheels%20Distributing%20%7C%2018%22%20Fits%20VW%20Volkswa...
  20. SD11

Is there a TSB for intermittent AC fail?

I had previously mentioned my AC has failed to operate a few times and two people stated its likely a valve on the compressor itself that is known to fail. Can anyone link me to a thread or possible a TSB if it exists. TIA