GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Positive Dealer experience

SD11

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE DSG
So I continue to drive the wheels off the GTI and I am going to go over the 36k mark by the end of the year and likely 8-10 months AHEAD of the 3 year ownership mark and I had a couple of issues I wanted addressed. Last time I took it in for an oil change at the dealership where I purchased the car I brought up 3 issues, my radio has on a handful of occasions malfunctioned and required me to restart the car to get it working again. On several occasions my AC has failed to engage, and lastly, my driver seat bolster has noticeable wear. Not surprising as the car sees a lot of use. The selling dealer changed the oil and returned it saying they couldn't replicate the probs and said the wear on the seat was normal (its not awful, but noticeable). Fast forward 6 months, I take it to a different dealer, they call me two hours later, swapping the head unit, swapping the valve on the compressor that is a known issue and REPLACING the driver seat. They also put me in a loaner while they are waiting for the parts. Nice to be taken care of! This is San Tan VW in Gilbert AZ, two thumbs up for drama free professional service!

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
I want to add I had a VERY positive experience with my service at VW of north scottsdale

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
I've used Santan in Gilbert twice, and they were equally outstanding. I was given a loaner, and had one job done while I waited, in and out in 45 minutes. And their pricing is very reasonable, and main jobs' pricing is posted right in the service writer area, comparing their prices to other local shops. I'm actually going to go back up there for my 20k service, even though I'm 3 hours away now (I'll take care of some other stuff while up there, but still this is my main reason to return). Incredibly well-run service department.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Thats great customer care. Its always good to find dealers like this among the "typical" ones.

blackecho101

I had a similar issue with my head unit in my MY15 GTI. The unit would not turn on with the car, or at least would stay black and not play any music. It didn't go away with a quick cycle of the power either, I had to wait a little while and then turn the car back on before it decided to work. Is this what you experienced OP?

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

TheDoc

The unit would not turn on with the car, or at least would stay black and not play any music. It didn't go away with a quick cycle of the power either, I had to wait a little while and then turn the car back on before it decided to work.

Not OP, but I had the exact same issue. Seemed worse when cold. Press and hold the power button until the system restarts (not turns off, but until you see the boot animation) and that should fix it way quicker than having to turn off the car and wait.

SD11

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE DSG
The head unit would power on but no audio/sound, I would turn the audio up and nothing, then it would come on all of a sudden and too loudly and when I went to turn it down, it actually got even louder, so volume level reacted opposite of input. If I turned off the ignition and waited 10 secs and restarted, it would function properly again. Pretty weird.

I do not have pics of the seat. I had thought it was worse, or at least my GF thought so, when I looked closely after pointing it out to the service writer, I kind of backtracked a bit, and didnt think it was quite as bad as I had previously thought, and honestly was a bit surprised they decided to replace it, my guess is a seat cover is a few hundred bucks??? plus labor to remove and replace, its an SE so its leather (the center portion at least).

Hambone

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 TR GTI SE
I've never had a huge, outstanding dealership experience in terms of sales or follow-up before, but I would say a positive thing I've encountered from the dealer I bought from most recently is that the Sales Manager calls me at least once a year to ask me if I'm still enjoying the car, if there is anything wrong with it, etc. They don't ever push or ask about me looking to trade in or upgrade. It may not sound like much, but the fact that they have a system in place to remind them to keep in touch with their customers on some level is well above and beyond any other sales department I've dealt with. This is David Maus in Orlando, btw. Can say good things about their sales staff too. Was really painless to work out numbers and I got a pretty good deal on a '16 SE PP.

Stevo_CT

Ready to race!
Since we are posting good dealer experience, here's mine, albeit pretty boring.
My vehicle had its first service a couple of weeks ago, this morning, on startup, I got notification that my oil service is due in 14600km.

Emailed my service manager at VW this morning, who sent a technician to my office midday to sort out.

VW Culemborg Cape Town - well done

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Here's the "competitive pricing" chart they have posted.. when was the last time you saw something like this at a VW dealer? ANY dealer??