GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pre emptive brake job, where to buy parts

SD11

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE DSG
Hey all, I ordered the Firestone tires for the car and should have them shortly, also, decided to do the brakes pre-emptively. Backs are getting down there and fronts are at maybe <30%. Car has 36k and wanting to stay ahead of the curve. I usually do the pads and rotors, I am happy with the stock set up, but if there is a good deal or the price delta is minimal for some drilled rotors I would consider that. Thanks!!!

SD11

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE DSG
I have a set of OEM front and rear rotors w/ ~3k miles on them. I'll sell to you for $50. I'm in North County.

I am in PHX now, I am in SD for work twice a month, but won't be back until the 1st and trying to do it this coming week. Thanks though. What did you replace them with?

SD11

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE DSG
I'm in the same boat with brakes right now, my GTI is at 36k miles and pads are def going bad.

Been considering these...

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-stoptech-parts/2015-2017-gti-front-rear/934.33159~stp/

Don't buy into the drilled rotor hype, its just a waste of money. Unless you're a hardcore track guy, slotted is best.

Yep I gotcha, I just like the look of drilled rotors.

I found this set, but the stop tech looks a little nicer. I don't need any bump in performance but I don't want to drop below the stock set up either.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ebc-s20k1084/overview/make/volkswagen/model/gti

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
I would say upgrade pads to whatever you like best; hawk HPS 5.0 is what I will be going with but there are plenty of options. Then check out stoptech rotors, either slotted or flat depending on what you’d like to spend... then get a high temp fluid and stainless line if you really want.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Holy crap, are you guys barreling up to every stop and slamming on the brakes? I had the original brakes on the front of my MK5 at 72K. The rears lasted 45K and they were known to wear out early. And, yes, I do use the brake pedal often, just not hard unless I need to.

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
Holy crap, are you guys barreling up to every stop and slamming on the brakes? I had the original brakes on the front of my MK5 at 72K. The rears lasted 45K and they were known to wear out early. And, yes, I do use the brake pedal often, just not hard unless I need to.

I see lots of stop light/stop sign chargers. Either gas or brake, no coasting. I turned in my 09 Jetta with 145K on it...original pads all the way around. I’m not a hyper miler either. I think that was a record for me, but I wasn’t really trying. Just never needed them.

Gibberoni

Ready to race!

In the same boat with the Fed, I am at 74K and still on the stock set. Went in for an alignment for my new coilovers and the techs gave my brakes the OK. Asked when I changed them last as they looked to be about half worn. When I said its been 4 years and 74K I got some looks. Haha.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I should've checked mine when I had the wheels off yesterday... I'm at 32.5k so I'm probably fine but I am guilty of being a stop sign charger so they may be worn down