GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Q

Best Car I’ve Ever Owned

My wife and I recently purchased an Audi Q5. The plan was to sell my 2017 GTI so we could have a larger, more adult car for trips, etc. She has an electric car to get to and from work. But I am having the hardest time listing my car for sale. In my opinion the Mk7 GTI is a much better car than...
  2. Q

Confused about PP Rear Brakes

I replaced the front pads on my 2017 SE (PP brakes) without a problem, but the rear pads I purchased are not correct. Tire Rack and other sites list the proper rear pad for the PP brakes as the same one the Golf R uses, but I know they are different. Here is the question. Do the PP cars use the...
  3. Q

Sun shade rattle solved

I began to develop an annoying rattle from the sun shade on the right side. Also, as others have mentioned the shade doesn't seem to close all the way; you can still see light through it when it's closed. After driving a little bit the shade creeps open almost an inch which is when the rattling...
  4. Q

Any interest in 2017 Fender components?

I have the Fender amp, Fender front component speakers and the Fender sub all removed within the first 5000 miles of my 2017 GTI SE. Not sure what any of this is worth. Might be best to reach me by email since this forum does not automatically notify me of messages for some reason. email...
  5. Q

Warning beep when not in PARK and ignition on

Does anyone know how to disable the warning beep when the ignition is on and the lever on the DSG is moved to anything but PARK? I have a VCDS and have disabled other warning beeps/chimes, but this one eludes me. I don't mind the error message on the display, it's the DEF-CON 1 alarm that I'm...
  6. Q

No email notification?

No matter what I do I cannot get the forum to send me emails when there is a reply to subscribed thread or a private message. What am I doing wrong? I've confirmed my email address and I have the proper settings.
  7. Q

Anyone have a plaid drivers seat to sell?

I'm looking for a plaid drivers seat in Nor Cal. Thanks. Paul (707) 292-0810
  8. Q

No instant email notification

I have never received any notification via email about a new post for any threads I have subscribed to even though in my settings I have checked "Instant email notification". Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks. Paul
  9. Q

Recoding the radio to eliminate Fender amp

When I was looking for this information about a month ago I couldn't easily find it so I decided to post this for others who are trying to find a way to bypass the Fender amp to install aftermarket amps, DSPs, etc. The back of the MIB2 with Fender has a blank where normally the speaker wires...
  10. Q

Just installed VWR springs, spacers and Nogaros

I've been wanting to lower the car and install spacers for a while now and I finally did it. I'm so happy with the stance. I acquired a set of Nogaros from a member here with every intention of having the wheels painted or powder coated an OEM silver. I've got two of the wheels on one side of...
  11. Q

Any DSP integration success stories?

I have been trying to integrate a JBL MS-8 and have had problems; weird popping sounds and sub par sound quality. Has anyone successfully installed a DSP and still been able to receive bluetooth phone calls without echo, etc? Thanks. Paul
  12. Q

Ringer on phone WAY too loud through speakers

When I receive a phone call either bluetooth or when the phone is using Apple Car Play the ringer through the speakers is so loud it scares the crap out of you. I can turn the volume down, but then the call is too quiet. Any way to eliminate the ringer or set the ringer volume separately through...
  13. Q

WTB: Nogaros with tires / SF Bay Area

Looking to buy a set of VW Nogaro wheels, preferably with tires. Curb rash ok. Paul (707) 292-0810 Email: pweggenmann@comcast.net
  14. Q

Loud "pop" from speakers while driving with radio off (Fender).

I have a JBL MS-8 installed with the Fender system. Anytime the ignition is on either driving or stationary AND the factory head unit is off I get a loud "pop" from the speakers after about 15 minutes. This NEVER happens if the head unit is powered on, but if the radio is off I get the pop...
  15. Q

Loud "Pop" from speakers while driving with radio off (Fender).

After integrating a JBL MS-8 into my Fender system all seemed to be well until I discovered that if the ignition is on whether driving or just sitting AND my radio is off I will get a loud pop from the speakers about once every 15 minutes. So long as my head unit is on this never happens. The...
  16. Q

Does Anyone Make a Replica of the Nogaro Wheel

Just wondering if any company is producing Nogaro reps. Thanks.
  17. Q

Door speaker placement. How important is it?

I replaced the door speakers with some Polk Audio 6.5" separates and made custom spacers out of MDF. The spacer is only 3/4" thick as opposed to the factory speaker being spaced out about 1.25" from the surface of the door. Does it matter if the speaker is set farther inside the door panel for...
  18. Q

Will Audi B8 S4 seats bolt into a MK7 GTI?

Wondering if anyone has done this. I'm sure the electric plugs are different, but are the seat tracks the same? Thanks.
  19. Q

Passenger Airbag Warning Light

I got tired of staring at the bright orange warning message (especially at night) that tells you that the passenger airbag is deactivated when there is no one sitting next to you. I've read where people cover the whole panel in vinyl or unplug the light from the back, but I wanted to try the...
  20. Q

Hand brake removal?

I'm trying to remove the center console of a U.S. 2017 GTI with manual hand brake. The hand brake handle needs to come off to remove the center console and I can't figure out how it comes off. Anyone?