GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. Apexeater

NAR 2021 Maps Available for Download for MST2 (MIB2)

The V11 version was published in Nov 21. What are the odds V12 will come out next month?
  2. Apexeater

I'm still here reading and trying to get more info. From what I can find the 5NA...BF version is the most recent or very close to it. My local dealer can get it for me cheaper than the old V10 they are offering. If I buy the card and just replace the old card won't I have the CID issue...
  3. Apexeater

Thanks the reply, getting good info on this has been surprisingly difficult. Can the matching be done with OBD -11? If not this way is too much money for little return ($200 for SD card and $178 for their matching time). Only reason I'm doing this is I throw the map into my gauge cluster and...
  4. Apexeater

I am trying to update my maps on my 19 golf R (I have V7). Started at the dealer and the only version they can provide is V10, part # 3G0 919 866 AN. After talking to a few dealers there appears to be a service bulletin on new SD card updates. They tell me they will sell me the V10 and then...
  5. Apexeater

When was last mk7.5 R made?

Add the title says, when did the last R roll off the line? I thought vortex said it was back in July but the amount of new sales I've seen lately has me questioning that. Just curious to see how close to the end mine was made.
  6. Apexeater

Reverse overlay

In the recent humble mechanic video he's mentioned being able to code the distance graphic to appear everytime the car is put in reverse. Can someone direct me how to do this with obdeleven? This is for a NA car.
  7. Apexeater

VW now offering dynamic mirror blinkers...

I bought mine from Amazon UK version. Osram and work perfectly
  8. Apexeater

What's your (attainable) dream car?

Ariel Atom M3 Porsche Cayman S The Atom will be in my garage some day.
  9. Apexeater

HDTV recommendations.

^+1 Plasma's are the way to go.
  10. Apexeater

Recent Purchase thread....

Here is the new toy I just picked up
  11. Apexeater

Best state for car enthusiasts?

+1 Excellent roads No front plates No inspections 75mph freeways race tracks (drag and road) No significant bugs reasonable insurance rates 89A (one of the best roads in the US not well known yet)
  12. Apexeater

CORVETTE fanboy "freakout" LOL

I will have to keep an eye out for them, that intersection is within 20 miles of my house. We have camo'd vehicles all the time around here. They like to do their hot weather testing here. I need to see it in person before I make any judgements.
  13. Apexeater

Adaptive Automatic Transmissions & 'Fuzzy Logic' - Can They Really Learn?

Here's a thought: if the DSG really is learning our habits and driving styles, does this apply to S mode? It seems to be agreed upon that S mode isn't worth crap but what if we have not driven it enough to adapt?
  14. Apexeater

But isn't that the same thing as having different fuel maps and the car changes to the conditions and demands place upon it? Why can't they do the same thing with a transmission? Another example of the possibility of it exsistance would be the ability of our car to know if we change the intake...
  15. Apexeater

I'm not sure the car isn't learning our driving habits. I have a `13 with DSG and I have about 4000 miles on it. It is my first "auto" in many years and I think the shifting pattern has changed over time. For example, when I first had the car it was shifting to 6th as fast as possible almost...
  16. Apexeater

Home Theater - Off Topic

Ask 10 people and you will get 10 different opinons on speaker cable, just get oxgen free cable and you should be fine with either 18 or 16. Online is your best bet for any connections. Here is where I have bought cable before: http://www.bluejeanscable.com/
  17. Apexeater

Home Theater - Off Topic

Very well done. We have similar tastes in style. When I pull down the Christmas tree I will take a picture for comparison.
  18. Apexeater

Home Theater - Off Topic

:rolleyes: How many people have the room dimensions and shape to even properly set up a 5.1? For the OP's budget I think 5.1 will be just fine. OP, once you get your speakers spend some time with a sound meter and balance everything out. You can get a cheap (~$30) sound meter at Radio Shack
  19. Apexeater

Home Theater - Off Topic

When buying your center channel it should be the same as the fronts, if not identical then they should be the same make (Polk Audio in this case) with matching tweeters. As others have mentioned, bigger subs do not mean better. Unfortunately that means more money. Def tech has had nice stuff...
  20. Apexeater

Stock Trading

Stocks can be fun if you know what you are doing. Everyone has their set of important criteria to look for i.e. P/E ratios, dividends... I have one ETF and it has done very well for me. I think the best advise I have ever heard was to pick a company that has a good product and is run...