GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HDTV recommendations.

AlfaMikeF0xtr0t

Ready to race!
Found some dead (white) pixels on my current TV, it's about 6 years old and not really worth the $ to fix it. I've been looking through TV's and have some ideas, but am wondering if anyone has some good recommendations for a new TV.

I would like it to be 50" - 55", multiple HDMI's, PC input would be nice. Not looking the cheapo's, but I also don't want to spend $4K on a TV, maybe $1500ish or less.

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
For that kind of money you should have no issue finding a nice LED TV. I don't have any specific model in mind but I have a smaller 32in LED TV and love it. Only issue with some of them is the sound quality sucks due to the size allocated in the slim TVs for speakers. Easily fixed with a sound bar.

Per some of the Cnet Review that I've read in the past. Panasonic has some of the best pictures on the market.

GOBbluth

Ready to race!
Best buy refuses to negotiate. Buy at hh Gregg. Not only will they match online prices, but you can haggle a bit. Also, they always have a 0% financing if you choose to do something better with your money.

I got my 58 inch panasonic plasma 2.5 yrs ago for $1200.

zecpull1

Ready to race!
LED Samsung.. Go through Amazon if your Best buy wont match.. I Love mine ..it has been Flawless and has a great picture. At that price you get the Smart TV that you can Surf the net on.. and get netflix Streamed to it. or I use Amazon Prime for Movies..

AlfaMikeF0xtr0t

Ready to race!
I decided to take a long shot and contact Samsung about it, and I may be eligible to a 1 time courtesy repair for free. Have to wait for a phone call in the next few days about it. If it's free, awesome, if they are going to charge me for labor or something, I may still just get a new TV. No point in paying a couple hundred to fix an old TV.

cnet.com is your friend...

I've been looking at CNET. I'm just asking if anyone has any recommendations. I can read poorly worded reviews made by idiots on my own.;)

I'm just not a huge fan of ordering a TV online. 1, I don't like big expensive things being shipped and risking damage. And 2, I'd rather see the TV in person for obvious reasons.

Ha, just got a call from Samsung to setup a time for repair. If it's the DMD chip (which it sounds like it is) it will be free to repair, otherwise if it's something else I'll have to pay, in which case I'll probably say screw it and get a new TV.

VAGlover1

Ready to race!
LED Samsung.. Go through Amazon if your Best buy wont match.. I Love mine ..it has been Flawless and has a great picture. At that price you get the Smart TV that you can Surf the net on.. and get netflix Streamed to it. or I use Amazon Prime for Movies..

^IMO, I concur

MReyes

Ready to race!
Personally I am huge fan of Plasmas. If you go plasma get a Panasonic they are the only ones that make good ones. BUT as much as I love plasmas (and in my opinion are the best TV you can get) if you have a well lit room with direct light shinning at the tv you will get a lot of glare so you would be better off with a LED and in that case Samsung would be your best bet in terms of quality LEDs. I can go on and elaborate but I am here at work.

But if you could go with the Panny Plasma hands down in your price range and size range.. I would get the 50inch GT50 Series Plasma.. Thing is amazing! right now its on sale on Panasonics website for 1349.99..

Dont let the people who say "Plasma's have image retention" You wont have an issue unless you are an idiot and will have a still image sitting on the screen for a ridiculous amount of time. I've fallen asleep playing video games on my panny woke up about 4 hours to the same image and ZERO image retention(burn in) Also almost all plasmas that are worth their salt have image retention defense mechanisms of sorts.

AlfaMikeF0xtr0t

Ready to race!
I've heard Panasonic are the plasmas to get. Still haven't made up my mind, but if I do end up needing a new TV, if I get plasma it will be a Panasonic, Samsung for LED/LCD.

Apexeater

Ready to race!
Personally I am huge fan of Plasmas. If you go plasma get a Panasonic they are the only ones that make good ones. BUT as much as I love plasmas (and in my opinion are the best TV you can get) if you have a well lit room with direct light shinning at the tv you will get a lot of glare so you would be better off with a LED and in that case Samsung would be your best bet in terms of quality LEDs. I can go on and elaborate but I am here at work.

But if you could go with the Panny Plasma hands down in your price range and size range.. I would get the 50inch GT50 Series Plasma.. Thing is amazing! right now its on sale on Panasonics website for 1349.99..

Dont let the people who say "Plasma's have image retention" You wont have an issue unless you are an idiot and will have a still image sitting on the screen for a ridiculous amount of time. I've fallen asleep playing video games on my panny woke up about 4 hours to the same image and ZERO image retention(burn in) Also almost all plasmas that are worth their salt have image retention defense mechanisms of sorts.

^+1 Plasma's are the way to go.

CaptObvious75

Ready to race!
Just bought the Panasonic ST60 series 55" plasma. Do yourself a favor and check it out... hella great TV. All I use it for is sports and gaming, same as my 5 year old plasma it replaced.

Plasma ftw! LED need not apply

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
You can get a smart LED Vizio 55" for under a grand. They have been winning a shit ton of awards lately and I'm pretty sure they use the exact same main components as the more known brands.

That being said, I have a 55" Plasma Samsung and its been a great TV. 600hz Plasmas really cant be beat in terms of picture quality but you need to be prepared for some glare in a brightly lit room.

KilleenGTI

Ready to race!
X2 (or x3 or x4) on a smart Samsung Plasma. Hands down the best TV I have owned. I have had mine for about two years and have never looked back. I am actually surprised at how much I have used and enjoyed 3D, too, if you can splurge on one of those models.

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
I highly reccomend a Panasonic plasma if light/glare are not an issue. I have yet to see an LED that gave a better picture quality or viewing angle than plasma. Downside is they are still big and heavy, not slim and fancy if that matters. Otherwise I would go with Samsung or LG for a LED.