GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CORVETTE fanboy "freakout" LOL

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Yes, but it's the C7 that looks similar to the 599, not the C6.

Thought so. That said, .. one could argue that it was a natural progression from C6 to C7, or a step further - if anything, it looks more like 458 headlights than 599 headlights.

SRT2GTI

Banned
Outside of headlights...a straight view of the two cars look very similar. Regardless, the design of the 2014 C7 sting-ray is mediocre at best. GM is always a day late and dollar short when it comes to "fresh" design. They even decided to throw in the headlight LEDs...not like any other car on the road has those. Beyond the looks, it's the mechanics of the vette that makes it cool.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Outside of headlights...a straight view of the two cars look very similar. Regardless, the design of the 2014 C7 sting-ray is mediocre at best. GM is always a day late and dollar short when it comes to "fresh" design. They even decided to throw in the headlight LEDs...not like any other car on the road has those. Beyond the looks, it's the mechanics of the vette that makes it cool.

DANG, I disagree on most of this, except for the LED's, lol. While I don't think the design is groundbreaking by any means, the rear end design and all the functionality of the design exterior with its air vents, etc, as well as the upgraded interior and two choice/very quality looking seats, means this will be a big step up and im sure the direction GM wanted/needed to go, i.e., they have to attract younger buyers.

I think the first year sales will be quite good.

SRT2GTI

Banned
DANG, I disagree on most of this, except for the LED's, lol. While I don't think the design is groundbreaking by any means, the rear end design and all the functionality of the design exterior with its air vents, etc, as well as the upgraded interior and two choice/very quality looking seats, means this will be a big step up and im sure the direction GM wanted/needed to go, i.e., they have to attract younger buyers.

I think the first year sales will be quite good.

The interior is top notch, all I'm saying is the exterior design is lacking originality (as you said, not groundbreaking). For all of the time GM spent "re-designing" their halo car, I was simply expecting more...that is all.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
The interior is top notch, all I'm saying is the exterior design is lacking originality (as you said, not groundbreaking). For all of the time GM spent "re-designing" their halo car, I was simply expecting more...that is all.

I'm happy they focused on function over form in the re-design. (or at least it seems that way, we'll see what happens when actual testing is done)

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

I hear ya, but similar to the Mustang (at least for now) and the Viper, you can't get too far off the beaten path here with a loyality based and heritage type product. They've already admitted the tokyo drift style rear end is gonna catch them flack from the faithful, deeming it "our pop-up headlights".

I'm happy they focused on function over form in the re-design. (or at least it seems that way, we'll see what happens when actual testing is done)

this^ waaaay more function than I expected. Very cool.

intellistar

Ready to race!
Thought so. That said, .. one could argue that it was a natural progression from C6 to C7, or a step further - if anything, it looks more like 458 headlights than 599 headlights.

You can see the similarities much more with the F12berlinetta. I have to say I was somewhat disappointed with the design of the C7, but it has more to do with the fact that it doesn't scream "stingray" to me. The wheel arches on the older stingrays were one of those key elements that I feel got a bit too subdued on the C7.

legandrex

Ready to race!
I love the pics of the silver one in Automobile and Car and Driver. Not a fan of the non Z51 rear(red car in video). Needs the full spoiler otherwise third tail light looks like ass. Also, not a fan of the black wheels. Silver wheels look better in my opinion.

I could see myself having one of these once my kids are grown and out of the house...prior to that my fun car needs four seats for the occasional family dinner night.

Apexeater

Ready to race!
I will have to keep an eye out for them, that intersection is within 20 miles of my house. We have camo'd vehicles all the time around here. They like to do their hot weather testing here.

I need to see it in person before I make any judgements.