GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

GTIscream

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Mk7.5
That looks like you've been hanging around with @DerHase and the science is infectious. Love it, what's the story there? Or is that just pressure bleeding lol
*Just* pressure bleeding? You mean pressure bleeding with awesomeness! But yeah, it's just pressure bleeding. Thought it would be fun to build one with my son. And it was pretty awesome. We left it hooked it up to the tire inflator. He would run back and forth checking the pressure and would top it off. Way more convenient than hand pumping it. The downside was he wanted to build two of them, one for the car and one for his own mad science. Oddly enough most of the fittings came in two packs sooooo.....

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
*Just* pressure bleeding? You mean pressure bleeding with awesomeness! But yeah, it's just pressure bleeding. Thought it would be fun to build one with my son. And it was pretty awesome. We left it hooked it up to the tire inflator. He would run back and forth checking the pressure and would top it off. Way more convenient than hand pumping it. The downside was he wanted to build two of them, one for the car and one for his own mad science. Oddly enough most of the fittings came in two packs sooooo.....
Sorry, 'just' in the sense that it's a normal maintenance thing, albeit done in an awesome way haha. I love it though, and yeah I'm very interested to see what else comes from him.

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit

Just a heads up, unless you're running the air through a very good moisture trap and drier first... electric tire pumps tend to put out a LOT of moisture (which you definitely don't want in your brake fluid... moisture added will be worse if running the pump when the air is humid). An alternative could be to fill an air tank ahead of time (so that it can cool down to ambient temp and let the moisture condense/collect at the bottom), drain the tank and then pull pressure from the top of the tank for the brake reservoir.

Might NOT be an issue in the real world, but something to be aware of.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I want to hear it's noise from inside the cabin......seriously
It's extremely loud and I don't recommend it for a DD nor for an occasional track car. It should only be used on a dedicated track car that is a trailer queen. I posted 2 videos on my IG if you want to hear what having a dump tube sounds like.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
It's extremely loud and I don't recommend it for a DD nor for an occasional track car. It should only be used on a dedicated track car that is a trailer queen. I posted 2 videos on my IG if you want to hear what having a dump tube sounds like.
not on insta, but I'll take your word for it....lol

Kushdaiin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R, MK7 GSW SEL
Just a heads up, unless you're running the air through a very good moisture trap and drier first... electric tire pumps tend to put out a LOT of moisture (which you definitely don't want in your brake fluid... moisture added will be worse if running the pump when the air is humid). An alternative could be to fill an air tank ahead of time (so that it can cool down to ambient temp and let the moisture condense/collect at the bottom), drain the tank and then pull pressure from the top of the tank for the brake reservoir.

Might NOT be an issue in the real world, but something to be aware of.
That would be ideal. I can't imagine that you're introducing THAT much water, especially in vapor, to the brake system considering you're likely only dissolving it across the surface area in the brake reservoir. Given all variations in environmental conditions except during it's initial 'clean' fill is why most manufacturers recommend a four year initial interval and then subsequently two year intervals afterward. Having a dryer and trap would be the best scenario and pre-pressurizing and removing the moisture is not a bad suggestion. No arguments there. If you don't have that option though, just changing at the two year interval should be sufficient.

GTIscream

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Mk7.5
Just a heads up, unless you're running the air through a very good moisture trap and drier first... [...]
i appreciate the post. And you are right! When we were testing the finished product out i was a little freaked out with the amount of condensate that formed inside the tank and pick-up tubing. i thought maybe it was just the pressure and the fact that it was 70-80% humidity out, but it didn't make me happy. i found a post somewhere else where a guy said he used a special drying cartridge for the air he was pumping in. i didn't do that as they all seemed a bit pricey. It didn't occur to me that the tire inflator was exacerbating the issue. i was considering moving our brake fluid flush to the winter when the humidity is around 30%.

SierraCarrera

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Sport, 981 CS
Are you looking for another one because if you are, I have a V1 brand new and still in the original box that I am selling.
Hit a brutha up

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Birthday gift from the wife was a downpipe turndown from @GTI Jake.

Excited to put it on in the spring

Pretty badass birthday present!

Btw, it can be installed at any of the three V band locations in your DP/MP setup depending on how rowdy you want track mode to be!

IMG_7536.jpeg
EE619DFD-EB74-4197-9B75-430E64F8A6CA.jpeg

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Oh cool I didn’t even consider that! Sweet

I picture you realizing that you could put it dumping under the car as you're halfway through cutting a hole in your hood with a sawzall...