GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by jayman350

1. J

DSG drag racing techniques

I've got a stock GTI w/ DSG, not expecting anything spectacular for 1/4 mile times but I've been itching to take it up to New England Dragway to see what she can do. Its been a long time (~10 years) since I've been on the track and I want to know what your procedure is for setting the car up...
  2. J

wheel locks for Austins

I'm looking for recommendations for wheel lock sets for the stock Austins. There have been a rash of wheel thefts in my city and do not want to wake up to see my car on blocks any time soon. Thread size is 14mm x 1.5 x 2" OAL (1" long thread), correct? Do I want ball or cone seat? I came...
  3. J

recommendations needed for scuff/scratch fix

So I had the joy of walking out to my car the other day to find a nice scuff mark down the side of my GTI. I think it may have come from one of the neighborhood kids' bike or something, looks like it was handlebars or something like that. Its barely noticeable until you get to the right angle...
  4. J

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Good to know Thanks!
  5. J

new GTI owner here

Hi all, I picked up my night blue 2-door 2015 GTI w/ DSG about a month ago, passed 1k miles this morning on my way to work. I'm loving so much about this car and have been very pleased with my purchase. I had been unsure if I wanted to go M6 or DSG, but my evening commute has been terrible so...
  6. J

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I (finally) passed 1k miles on my GTI this morning. I absolutely love driving this thing with a few exceptions (Soundakator is starting to grate on my nerves, DSG in D can be dim-witted and S is almost unusable) I've been using manual mode for a lot of my driving, seriously considering a DSG...