GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

discgolfmkvii

I believe that second picture is from 3 feet away, I could be wrong though. [emoji2]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hahaha sorry. I think the car shows best from this angle. Here's one that you're looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z27

Ready to race!
Installed the PedalBox. Holy s**t it wakes up the beast. And I'm still stock.

jjm51

Ready to race!
Installed the PedalBox. Holy s**t it wakes up the beast. And I'm still stock.

just hearing about this. would like to learn more.

could you let us know a bit more of your experience with the pedal box? can you just leave it 'on' all the time?

also, how does it feel with just a stock engine? i am possibly interested in doing this as well.

is there potential long-term problems to the engine with this mod?

finally; can the on/off deal (and cable) be hidden somewhere out-of-site instead of on the dash somewhere as you have it?

thanks!

Z27

Ready to race!
just hearing about this. would like to learn more.

could you let us know a bit more of your experience with the pedal box? can you just leave it 'on' all the time?

also, how does it feel with just a stock engine? i am possibly interested in doing this as well.

is there potential long-term problems to the engine with this mod?

finally; can the on/off deal (and cable) be hidden somewhere out-of-site instead of on the dash somewhere as you have it?

thanks!

Hi John, here is a very good write up that convinced me to get it:
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=262213.0

In regards to long term problems, I don't see any. People have been using these for years with no problems.

There is a thread somewhere that a someone was able to hide it inside the driver's mini compartment. Can't seem to find it at the moment. I might actually do that.

Edit: found the thread although it's for a RHD car. Might try this and see if it works.
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8136

Last edited:

jayman350

Passed Driver's Ed
I (finally) passed 1k miles on my GTI this morning. I absolutely love driving this thing with a few exceptions (Soundakator is starting to grate on my nerves, DSG in D can be dim-witted and S is almost unusable) I've been using manual mode for a lot of my driving, seriously considering a DSG tune. How long did you wait before some sort of modification(s) VAG-COM, tune, Pedalbox, etc.

I've had the car less than a month and I've already caught the bug, thinking about picking up a VAG-COM cable so I can do some tinkering but I don't want to worry about screwing up my warranty.

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
For the 3rd time this week I let the Adaptive Cruise Control worry about the miles and miles of 50mph average speed restriction while they convert the north side of the M60 into a "smart" motorway.

I get to do it all again tomorrow !

Miguel1

Ready to race!
I (finally) passed 1k miles on my GTI this morning. I absolutely love driving this thing with a few exceptions (Soundakator is starting to grate on my nerves, DSG in D can be dim-witted and S is almost unusable) I've been using manual mode for a lot of my driving, seriously considering a DSG tune. How long did you wait before some sort of modification(s) VAG-COM, tune, Pedalbox, etc.

I've had the car less than a month and I've already caught the bug, thinking about picking up a VAG-COM cable so I can do some tinkering but I don't want to worry about screwing up my warranty.

Vag com won't void your warranty. My dealer insisted I get a vag com cable lol.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Dropped the R off at the dealership to have the Milltek downpipe, APR boost gauge and Stage 2 gizmos installed. :)

They gave me a loaner car. A 2015 Jetta SE. The only thing I can say is wow. The interior materials of the Jetta are nothing but hard plastic. Kind of disappointing.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Dropped the R off at the dealership to have the Milltek downpipe, APR boost gauge and Stage 2 gizmos installed. :)

They gave me a loaner car. A 2015 Jetta SE. The only thing I can say is wow. The interior materials of the Jetta are nothing but hard plastic. Kind of disappointing.

nice! love the milltek, too bad they're pricy. Same thoughts on Jetta as well, only us spec jetta's are like that. Funny thing is i have a friend who is an ol sorositude is on her 3rd jetta lease, she just loves it and i'm just nodding my head lol.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
nice! love the milltek, too bad they're pricy. Same thoughts on Jetta as well, only us spec jetta's are like that. Funny thing is i have a friend who is an ol sorositude is on her 3rd jetta lease, she just loves it and i'm just nodding my head lol.

The catless downpipe is only $550. Much cheaper than the catted ones.

And yeah, it's almost economy car like inside. Even low end Ford and GM cars have better interiors than the Jetta.