GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

new GTI owner here

jayman350

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all,

I picked up my night blue 2-door 2015 GTI w/ DSG about a month ago, passed 1k miles this morning on my way to work. I'm loving so much about this car and have been very pleased with my purchase. I had been unsure if I wanted to go M6 or DSG, but my evening commute has been terrible so I decided to go with the DSG. That being said, the DSG is either spot-on awesome, or it is clumsy and dim-witted, and it all depends on how heavy my foot is that day.

I have found myself driving in manual mode more frequently because of the race to 6th gear setting, aka Normal, and the hold gears until 4.5k setting, aka Sport. I have read about the option for a DSG tune, which is very interesting to me as it sounds like they have found a nice balance of performance and usability.

I'm also interested in learning more about VAGCOM and the various tweaks I could do with that cable/software. I've found about half dozen things that I would like to change via the cable, but I don't want to mess with my warranty just quite yet. Although I could always just flash back to stock before taking it in someplace, correct?

Anyways, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. Here are a couple of pics of my ride (and a corner of the wife's Jetta, which started us down this VW rabbit hole). And yes, I plan on removing the dealer's sticker very soon.

Attachments

• GTI_frontright.jpg
    GTI_frontright.jpg
    509.5 KB · Views: 1,097
  • GTI_backleft.jpg
    GTI_backleft.jpg
    643 KB · Views: 1,087
  • GTI_frontleft.jpg
    GTI_frontleft.jpg
    651.8 KB · Views: 1,084

mkygod

Ready to race!
Beautiful car and great photos. I've been going back and forth between pure white and carbon steel grey, and these photos are really making me consider night blue.

jayman350

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks, those were my other two colors I was considering, I really like the GTI in white but the only ones around me were SE models. Then I saw this beauty come fresh out of the car wash and I was sold.

I needed something with color, my last car was a silver Nissan sentra, wife's car is gray Jetta, Mother-In-Law has gray Passat, Father-In-Law has gray Ford Ranger.

Zach@etektuning

Eurotek!
Hi all,

I picked up my night blue 2-door 2015 GTI w/ DSG about a month ago, passed 1k miles this morning on my way to work. I'm loving so much about this car and have been very pleased with my purchase. I had been unsure if I wanted to go M6 or DSG, but my evening commute has been terrible so I decided to go with the DSG. That being said, the DSG is either spot-on awesome, or it is clumsy and dim-witted, and it all depends on how heavy my foot is that day.

I have found myself driving in manual mode more frequently because of the race to 6th gear setting, aka Normal, and the hold gears until 4.5k setting, aka Sport. I have read about the option for a DSG tune, which is very interesting to me as it sounds like they have found a nice balance of performance and usability.

I'm also interested in learning more about VAGCOM and the various tweaks I could do with that cable/software. I've found about half dozen things that I would like to change via the cable, but I don't want to mess with my warranty just quite yet. Although I could always just flash back to stock before taking it in someplace, correct?

Anyways, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. Here are a couple of pics of my ride (and a corner of the wife's Jetta, which started us down this VW rabbit hole). And yes, I plan on removing the dealer's sticker very soon.

Congrats on the new MK7!!! They are great cars. Tuning them really opens up the potential of that car.

Stay on the forums for too long and you will catch the mod bug.:eek:

jayman350

Passed Driver's Ed
Congrats on the new MK7!!! They are great cars. Tuning them really opens up the potential of that car.

Stay on the forums for too long and you will catch the mod bug.:eek:

Oh I've been bitten by the bug already, didn't really take too long lol. It's been a long time (about 11 years or so) since I drove a car that I actually enjoyed and would want to modify. The last car I felt like this was my 1985 Z28, swapped out the 305 for a 350, replaced the transmission more times that I would like to admit (stupidly kept buying remans instead of just rebuilding it), swapped a 4th gen posi rear end into my 3rd gen, and tons of other DIY stuff. I like getting my hands dirty and seeing the results of my work.

But the GTI is a different animal, almost everything is done via PC connection. I feel like I just figured out how to root my phone and now need to start flashing custom bootloaders, ROMs, and kernels. Too bad the cable is so much, can't justify spending $250 on a cable before I've made my first payment on the thing.

hamadhaj

Hi..., Does anyone know the specifications of GTI MK7 2016 model.? How different the new model comparing to 2015 model.?

Sent from my C6602 using Tapatalk

Zach@etektuning

Eurotek!
Hi all,

Congrats on the new GTI!!!:)

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Congrats and welcome to Mk7. :)

chrishong

Passed Driver's Ed
I really love the color. I got a tornado red cuz it was out of stock at that time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hamadhaj

I really love the color. I got a tornado red cuz it was out of stock at that time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congratulations..... Any news on the new GTI Mk7 2016. I heard it is similar to gti 2015 But the power bhp is more[emoji4]

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Congratulations..... Any news on the new GTI Mk7 2016. I heard it is similar to gti 2015 But the power bhp is more[emoji4]

Volkswagen isn't one for changing engine power from year to year -- especially with the same Mk period.