GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by bearbear0

1. B

Grinding sound at start?

Thanks for this. I checked the dipstick last week and oil was still at appropriate levels (between the two lines) - had roughly 3-4k until next oil change (that oil change was last fall, so maybe 10 months ago). I scheduled and got an oil change at my indy mechanic (liqui moly) over the...
  2. B

Grinding sound at start

Yes sorry, need to crank the sound up (crappy phone video quality).
  3. B

Grinding sound at start

Cross posted on the maintenance subforum - I started noticing this grinding/clunking noise at crank a few days ago. Car is a 2019 GTI, all stock, roughly 10k kms on the clock. Sound clip below Thoughts? Thanks in advance
  4. B

Grinding sound at start?

Hi, Not sure if this is the right subforum, but I started noticing this grinding/clunking noise at crank a few days ago. Car is a 2019 GTI, all stock, roughly 10k kms on the clock. Sound clip below Thoughts?
  5. B

Will these tires/rims fit?

Thanks, yes I have the PP (Golf R) brakes, just want to make sure the taller tires won't rub. Seems like it is fine from some tread searches on here and VWVortex. What is the wheel weight placement?
  6. B

Will these tires/rims fit?

Hi, I don't know much about tires/fitment so apologies in advance if they are dumb questions. Looking to buy used michelin x-ice winter tires and rims for my stock mk7.5 GTI. Specs below: Tires - 225/50/17. Seems they will fit on stock height. DOT late 2017 with decent tread left. Rims - 5x112...
  7. B

scratch on roof

I'm aware we're in different geographies, but how much will an airbrusher set me back? I may just go touch up paint as it seems to be the most economical solution. If I don't get this fixed, how bad will this scratch get?
  8. B

new 2019 GTI - purchase questions

Thanks guys for the tips and advice! I'll have to play around with the infotainment and check the tire pressure then.
  9. B

scratch on roof

Hi guys, Took delivery of my new 2019 GTI last week, did a hand wash this past weekend and discovered a scratch on the roof next to the antenna - see picture. Needless to say I'm disappointed as I've had the car for less than a week, but I get it, sh*t happens. How can I go about fixing this...
  10. B

OP here. Took delivery on a new 2019 GTI - base trim + DSG earlier this week. Loving the drive and excited to be part of the GTI community!! Crosstrek is now my dads daily, so still in the family. The TPMS sensor went off the second day while on a cruise outside the city and is still pinging...
  11. B

Great to hear from a fellow subie driver! Love everything about the Crosstrek except for the anemic engine and slushbox cvt. Really been itching for something with better driving dynamics that won't break the bank!
  12. B

Thanks guys for the responses! Very valid points and excited to see such a strong GTI fanbase! Always loved GTI's but have been afraid of VW reliability -Current Crosstrek will still stay in the immediate family - it will be my dad's daily driver. He's finally ready to get rid of his old Honda...
  13. B

Been looking at MK7.5s on and off for the past year or so. My area has some very aggressive pricing on leftover new 2019 GTI's - best quote I've gotten OTD is roughly 17% off msrp. Trim in question is base model + DSG (Canada), no DAP, so fairly stripped-down electronics-wise. I currently drive...