GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will these tires/rims fit?

bearbear0

Car(s)
19 GTI, 19 Crosstrek
Hi, I don't know much about tires/fitment so apologies in advance if they are dumb questions. Looking to buy used michelin x-ice winter tires and rims for my stock mk7.5 GTI. Specs below:

Tires - 225/50/17. Seems they will fit on stock height. DOT late 2017 with decent tread left.
Rims - 5x112 bolt pattern, 17x8, 246(not sure what this number is), ET 42. Are there any measurements I'm missing to make sure they fit or not? Seller claims they were previously used on an Audi.

Will these fit? I know its middle of summer but price is good and I have extra storage space in my basement. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

bearbear0

Car(s)
19 GTI, 19 Crosstrek
A little taller, but should be fine still

If you have the PP brakes, like I think, you just need to watch the wheel weight placement

Thanks, yes I have the PP (Golf R) brakes, just want to make sure the taller tires won't rub. Seems like it is fine from some tread searches on here and VWVortex. What is the wheel weight placement?

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
They'll fit fine as long as you're running oem suspension.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Thanks, yes I have the PP (Golf R) brakes, just want to make sure the taller tires won't rub. Seems like it is fine from some tread searches on here and VWVortex. What is the wheel weight placement?

They have to put the weights a little towards the center of the wheel on mine so the weights don't hit the caliper. Still balances fine.