GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

new 2019 GTI - purchase questions

bearbear0

Car(s)
19 GTI, 19 Crosstrek
OP here. Took delivery on a new 2019 GTI - base trim + DSG earlier this week. Loving the drive and excited to be part of the GTI community!! Crosstrek is now my dads daily, so still in the family.

The TPMS sensor went off the second day while on a cruise outside the city and is still pinging. Never owned a car with TPMS, are these just really overreactive? I don't notice anything out of ordinary, so I'm assuming its just due to hot weather (been 30 celsius outside for the entire week)? Checked the infotainment and seems I can just "recalibrate" it on board, is this the temporary fix for this? Thanks in advance.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
OP here. Took delivery on a new 2019 GTI - base trim + DSG earlier this week. Loving the drive and excited to be part of the GTI community!! Crosstrek is now my dads daily, so still in the family.

The TPMS sensor went off the second day while on a cruise outside the city and is still pinging. Never owned a car with TPMS, are these just really overreactive? I don't notice anything out of ordinary, so I'm assuming its just due to hot weather (been 30 celsius outside for the entire week)? Checked the infotainment and seems I can just "recalibrate" it on board, is this the temporary fix for this? Thanks in advance.

It means one tire is 3 or more lbs lower air pressure than the others. Add air and reset it in the media center.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
In Canada, the VW warranty has always been 4 years - 1 more year than USA before People's Warranty. But now we pay the price for that by continuing to get the same 4 years while you guys get 6 years (though we did get the better Rabbit).

You got the heavier Rabbit.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
yes....Mine had something like 45 psi in them when I picked it up. Maybe just one...it was a long time ago and all I remember is it being off. I was happy shipping pucks were removed.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
yes....Mine had something like 45 psi in them when I picked it up. Maybe just one...it was a long time ago and all I remember is it being off. I was happy shipping pucks were removed.

My 2018 had 45psi in them. I assumed that the dealer had set them correctly and didn't check. I was getting fantastic gas mileage though. lol.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The best solution is to get the Orange Electronics TPMS conversion and read the actual pressure of each tire on the MFD or the Media center.

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie

Congrats on your new ride! The TPMS is not a direct sensor that measures air pressure, but is indirect through monitoring with ABS sensor. If it is showing/highlighting all 4 tires rather than just 1, and you are in a region in Canada that sees both -20C and over 30C regularly in a year, then it is almost certainly caused by temperature fluctuation and not uncommon. Just reset in the infotainmanet, but as others have mentioned, also double check the pressure as PDI can be sloppy to say the least.

bearbear0

Car(s)
19 GTI, 19 Crosstrek
Thanks guys for the tips and advice! I'll have to play around with the infotainment and check the tire pressure then.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
In Canada, the VW warranty has always been 4 years - 1 more year than USA before People's Warranty. But now we pay the price for that by continuing to get the same 4 years while you guys get 6 years (though we did get the better Rabbit).

Yeah, your rabbit was wayyyyy better than America’s

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Higher taxes, inferior roads, and a harsher climate would be more of a concern of mine than a year or two difference in warranty IMO

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Higher taxes, inferior roads, and a harsher climate would be more of a concern of mine than a year or two difference in warranty IMO

Back to your hole.

OP: I think the most important thing is checking your pressures with a quality gauge. Once that is done and all adjustments are made, then relearn the tire pressure in the infotainment.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Back to your hole.

OP: I think the most important thing is checking your pressures with a quality gauge. Once that is done and all adjustments are made, then relearn the tire pressure in the infotainment.
I'd rather stay in my "hole" than be anywhere near Minneapolis right now 😂