GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Replaced original battery 2 days ago. All trouble lights went out except ACC. šŸ˜” Couldn't clear that code. Hoped it would go out after a day of driving and "relearning" but it didn't. Read all sorts of voodoo and witchcraft online to fix it. Not sure what part of this did the trick but I parked 3ft 11inches from a wall and did some sort of reset or adaption I'd have to look in OBDeleven to remember exactly what and the light went out. I'm taking credit for this one

Kart17

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
Installed the Eurosport Front Stress Bar. Definitely a noticeable improvement. Nothing crazy but the turn in felt really nice on some on ramps. Front end felt a little more refined subjectively and no NVH. Should have done this mod when I installed my Special Actives in 2019.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Replaced original battery 2 days ago. All trouble lights went out except ACC. šŸ˜” Couldn't clear that code. Hoped it would go out after a day of driving and "relearning" but it didn't. Read all sorts of voodoo and witchcraft online to fix it. Not sure what part of this did the trick but I parked 3ft 11inches from a wall and did some sort of reset or adaption I'd have to look in OBDeleven to remember exactly what and the light went out. I'm taking credit for this one
Mine lasted for one key cycle before I even investigated it. So happy to have KESSY back.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Trying on the O ring kit for the oil cap, tired of the oil sweat... the pic is after 500mi.... its done this since I picked it up with 18k mi, now at 55k (tuned for the last 7k)
Fits way more snuggly than before... My cap didnt have an outer o ring at all, and the new red o ring is way taller and thicker....

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-04 at 12.35.14 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-04 at 12.36.11 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-04 at 12.36.24 PM.jpeg

I got it here, but there is a bunch of sellers selling this - https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256801594094153.html

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
Replaced one of my coil pack connectors that shattered when I changed my spark plugs a few weeks ago. Gotta love that brittle plastic stuff right near the turbo :rolleyes:. Easy enough to de-pin and re-pin, but had to be super careful as my pin tool caused whatever was left of the original connector to just disintegrate lol.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Replaced one of my coil pack connectors that shattered when I changed my spark plugs a few weeks ago. Gotta love that brittle plastic stuff right near the turbo :rolleyes:. Easy enough to de-pin and re-pin, but had to be super careful as my pin tool caused whatever was left of the original connector to just disintegrate lol.
Where did you get the plugs, I need to fix one of mine too. It crumbled into nothing last time I took it off.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Swapped out the IE intake filter to a S&B filter. Someone on FB in a MK7 group compared these and found much better results with S&B. Iā€™ll say the filter is much larger and filters wayy better than IE.

Hereā€™s the side difference side by side
IMG_4054.jpeg

Excuse the dirty engine bay.

Before:
F126FFE3-2473-44CD-BA9E-745B79D4D27F.jpeg

After:
CDF3E46C-795D-486E-ADEE-78F72A3D4284.jpeg

Incase anyone wants to place an order.
Part # R1267D
7C921752-A4D0-4473-B0E1-432513DA9172.jpeg

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Just an FYI 18x9 +42 w/ 245/40r18 tires with the camber setup shown below will rub. I asked the alignment shop to add the - camber and they said they were very experienced with this kind of fitment. Evidentially not MK7s. As you can see it was rubbing on the fuel tank filler neck shield on the passenger rear side as well as the fender liner. Setup was on for app. 250 miles. I donā€™t know if it will rub with stock camber but Iā€™m not going to find out. Back to 18x8.5 w/ 235s for me.
IMG_3370.jpeg

IMG_3291.jpegIMG_3371.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3368.jpeg
    IMG_3368.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 21

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
that makes me really rethink my desire to move up from 235/40 to 245s...

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Just an FYI 18x9 +42 w/ 245/40r18 tires with the camber setup shown below will rub. I asked the alignment shop to add the - camber and they said they were very experienced with this kind of fitment. Evidentially not MK7s. As you can see it was rubbing on the fuel tank filler neck shield on the passenger rear side as well as the fender liner. Setup was on for app. 250 miles. I donā€™t know if it will rub with stock camber but Iā€™m not going to find out. Back to 18x8.5 w/ 235s for me.
View attachment 296124
View attachment 296126View attachment 296125
It was probably a couple years ago, but I also discovered this and clarified that wheel spec rubs. Ultimately its a 8.5 wide at a 42 offset that clears with minimal functional clearance for suspension travel and a 235 tire. There is possibly SOME variance to that if your car doesn't sit as low as mine, and rides a little higher - you MIGHT get away with a little more. Kind of a pain in the butt, however it is what I also found to work. We should make a sticky of what works ??

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Tore a fuel injector o ring, and now had to put it together and wait for replacements. On a side note I found out how well the grills hold screws from the engine. No lost bolts for me! And I broke the plastic neck of a camshaft position sensor.

Attachments

• 20231130_120338.jpg
    20231130_120338.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
  • 20231203_124652.jpg
    20231203_124652.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 35
  • 20231203_133506.jpg
    20231203_133506.jpg
    970.6 KB · Views: 35

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
It was probably a couple years ago, but I also discovered this and clarified that wheel spec rubs. Ultimately its a 8.5 wide at a 42 offset that clears with minimal functional clearance for suspension travel and a 235 tire. There is possibly SOME variance to that if your car doesn't sit as low as mine, and rides a little higher - you MIGHT get away with a little more. Kind of a pain in the butt, however it is what I also found to work. We should make a sticky of what works ??
Sometimes I have to find out the hard way. The fronts rubbed at first before I added the Eurosport camber kit but I wasnā€™t aware the back rubbed until I cornered hard. Even then I thought it was on the fender. Anyway, glad I found it when I did and didnā€™t cause any major issues.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Had a Mk7.5 Rabbit edition from Florida in for a Baun Performance V1 FMIC this morning. Had some good shop hangs knocking that out & checking over some previous shops work along the way.

IMG_2608.jpeg
IMG_2607.jpeg
IMG_2606.jpeg

Then we took a little break for a surprise Porsche 928 delivery (hadnā€™t set an exact time this week and boom he was here!). Dropped him off at a nearby airport for his private flight home to Georgia & grabbed lunch.

Then I addressed some issues on the Rabbit with a existing 034 DP & EuroJet CBE.

IMG_2609.jpeg
IMG_2610.jpeg

Once that was done I popped the 928 on the lift to see what Iā€™d be working with (unknown brand headers).

Itā€™ll be getting a 3ā€ Y pipe into a GESI Gen2 400 cell & Borla muffler to replace the rest of the way out.

IMG_2615.jpeg

IMG_2619.jpeg
IMG_2616.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2618.jpeg
    IMG_2618.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 25