GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Replaced the water pump/thermostat on my MK7. Shit went bad at 103k miles. It was the original waterpump. No issues with it at all. Got the car originally with 12k miles. Also, since I was in there I re did the injectors once again due to a injector going bad. 2nd time for that one.

Giuseppe Busso

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Seat Leon mk3 1.8 FR
IMG_3261.jpeg
IMG_3281.jpeg
IMG_3282.jpeg

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
What pads were you using?
Not track pads. I had my street stoptech z26 pads. Once I put motul 600 fluid in after the first run the brakes where a whole lot better but still experienced some significant fade. That being said this was my first time on a proper track so I’m pretty happy with how the car performed and overall how I drove it. I also felt with them pcv issues on the last two laps of the day.

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
Cleaned out some mice evidence from between the plastic engine cover and pcv area, and on top of the transmission as well. Luckily nothing looked chewed, and no nesting material. Just eaten maple copters and a couple turds.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Not track pads. I had my street stoptech z26 pads. Once I put motul 600 fluid in after the first run the brakes where a whole lot better but still experienced some significant fade. That being said this was my first time on a proper track so I’m pretty happy with how the car performed and overall how I drove it. I also felt with them pcv issues on the last two laps of the day.
I tried to get by with z26 instead of swapping to my track pads at Daytona. It ended with me missing the bus stop at 135 mph. Won't do that again.

Kart17

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
I tried to get by with z26 instead of swapping to my track pads at Daytona. It ended with me missing the bus stop at 135 mph. Won't do that again.
That probably must have been a code brown moment. Only experience of Daytona is iRacing and you carry so much speed into there plus the grass..

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Luc
That probably must have been a code brown moment. Only experience of Daytona is iRacing and you carry so much speed into there plus the grass

I was super lucky, a super fast ZL1 had just passed on the outside, before the braking zone. I got into the brakes, pedal went to the floor, and I was able to go straight on the oval.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Installed the Chrome Edition Osram headlights today and got them PPF yesterday. Love the look and the light output is fantastic!

A mod i wish i did sooner.

The only con i have currently is the passenger side not sitting flush. There’s a large gap between the hood and top of the headlight. Messed around with the screws and no luck.
A1B5EE10-C0D1-4310-B7EB-5862CCE947D4.jpeg
IMG_4185.jpeg

IMG_4168.jpeg

Passenger headlight. v
IMG_4170.jpeg

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
You can adjust the "inner height" of the headlights on these silver screws. Take the black bolt out, adjust the height by turning the silver hollow screw, put black bolt back in. I recommend to loosen the other black bolts as well while adjusting, only the bolt on the side can stay. That's at least the way I did it on my car.
1702300263659.png

Pic from Kunzmann.de

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
You can adjust the "inner height" of the headlights on these silver screws. Take the black bolt out, adjust the height by turning the silver hollow screw, put black bolt back in. I recommend to loosen the other black bolts as well while adjusting, only the bolt on the side can stay. That's at least the way I did it on my car.
View attachment 296374
Pic from Kunzmann.de
GOAT815 over here with the life hacks, I never knew that was what that bit was for. I'll have to fiddle with the adjustments on my lights, I've got some panel gaps that I'd like to clean up. One on the outside of the light as well, is that adjusted with the silver bracket bit closest to the outside/top area? I think I played with it a bit at one point but didn't have a ton of luck. The black bolt's washer suggests that they're cammed bolts and probably have a degree of adjustment available.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Replaced the battery yesterday. Starts had been getting weaker and weaker until finally it refused to turn over.

Of course it was the most expensive car battery I’ve ever bought because VW. Otherwise everything went fine. Got the expected dash lights but they went away after driving not even 100 ft.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Replaced the battery yesterday. Starts had been getting weaker and weaker until finally it refused to turn over.

Of course it was the most expensive car battery I’ve ever bought because VW. Otherwise everything went fine. Got the expected dash lights but they went away after driving not even 100 ft.
Consider yourself lucky. At least you had some warning. I know a lot of VW just like to not start randomly haha. I had driven my car like 30 minutes to a store, parked it, went in for about an hour, came out, and it was just dead. Got it jumped, made it to an O'Reillys and put in a group 48 AGM.

Last edited: