GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
As I spent a good couple of nights last week replacing the clogged heater matrix and coolant valve on my daughters high mile Mk7 Tsi - likely caused at some point in time by a split silica bag judging by some of the cack I flushed out the system - I decided to pull said bag from my own GTI as the car is approaching six years old. I would sooner replace the coolant every few years than risk the possibility of that bag splitting at some point and again dealing with the known hassles it causes.

That being said....the bag that came out seems to be very robust and I'm not sure how they do split......my best guess would be heat cycles over a long period of time can weaken the plastic mesh material they are made of.

Capture.JPG

Knifebright

Go Kart Newbie
I know this is age old but I’m curious how the K&N cabin filter is holding up for you.

I have one for a few years that I run during the summer only now. The AC blows colder and it’s way easier to knock the dust out of on longer road trips.

Some of my notes:
  • I do find that it fogs faster than a high quality disposable.
  • The lack of charcoal obviously means you pick up road smells more but I’m not bothered by that.
  • Blows colder as noted.
  • I am very particular on having clean cabin filters and change them around 5k so reusable doesn’t actually work out to be cheaper for me. I’m not sure if it supposed to.
  • I go through a cleaner bottle every 2 cleanings, have a backstock of oil left over. If you could just buy the cleaner alone that would be cool.
  • Not cheaper for me but definitely notable difference and ease and durability of wacking it clean in a shitty desert motel parking lot is a huge plus for me.
Right this second I have a disposable that I need to swap out and I may give the K&N another winter try but definitely on my next longer road trip!

GTI RobG

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
I did this, BMS pedal tuner (actually the other day) and this LED shift knob from DSG Paddles.

Attachments

• B5E152FB-D552-4F14-81CF-AE7FE2B6A511.jpeg
    B5E152FB-D552-4F14-81CF-AE7FE2B6A511.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52
  • E3E604AF-0EBD-4A5D-8844-EE00B515B3CC.jpeg
    E3E604AF-0EBD-4A5D-8844-EE00B515B3CC.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 50

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Gapped an EQT tuned IS38 GTI from about a 50 roll, it wasn't even close.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Gapped an EQT tuned IS38 GTI from about a 50 roll, it wasn't even close.

So an EQT IS38 tuned vs OS IS38 tuned by Diggs and you laid down that ass bruh? No homo -

That’s scary.. all that says to me are two things: one is @Diggs24 knows wtf he’s doing tuning.. and two: EQT tune is mild and held back.

Nice!

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
So an EQT IS38 tuned vs OS IS38 tuned by Diggs and you laid down that ass bruh? No homo -

That’s scary.. all that says to me are two things: one is @Diggs24 knows wtf he’s doing tuning.. and two: EQT tune is mild and held back.

Nice!
let's be real tho there's a lot more factors than just those

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
let's be real tho there's a lot more factors than just those

Oh absolutely 💯- just generally speaking

Would be interested to see a EQT IS38 vs APR IS38 vs tuned by diggs IS38 lined up and see who comes out on top. They would have to have similar mods..