GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

mleroux

Ready to race!
Car(s)
987 Boxster
Yep, a thread and product targeted mostly towards states with strict laws… can you believe it?

bUt fAsTeR. We get it.

mleroux

Ready to race!
Car(s)
987 Boxster
Then don’t buy one, but no matter how you slice it this turbo is a flop (as is the Garrett Power Max).

Selling under the “pending approval” doesn’t grant carb state citizens any leeway. It either is or isn’t approved if you wanna look at it by the book.
New products often go through a iterative process before getting it right. I’m on the hopeful side this will deliver… I’m not derailing the conversation or shooting down the concept here.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Daks = DTR Ass Kicking Stud

Got to my build thread for knowledgeable shit.

Best of luck trying to keep up with a tiguan.

1658895513338.jpg

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Glad to see we’ve come full circle to the “mine is faster” pissing contest that (while entertaining) is largely if not completely irrelevant to this kit’s purpose.

Thanks for reminding us all that IS38s with DPs exist. Next you’ll be telling me that other hybrid turbos are faster too - truly shocking.

To get back to apples from grapefruits… DTR is objectively and indisputably faster than stage 1 IS20 on the same setup, so what other emissions-compliant upgrades from stage 1 exist?

(While a 111-113mph trap is definitely disappointing to me personally, it’s still a solid upgrade from where I was)

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Glad to see we’ve come full circle to the “mine is faster” pissing contest that (while entertaining) is largely if not completely irrelevant to this kit’s purpose.

Thanks for reminding us all that IS38s with DPs exist. Next you’ll be telling me that other hybrid turbos are faster too - truly shocking.

To get back to apples from grapefruits… DTR is objectively and indisputably faster than stage 1 IS20 on the same setup, so what other emissions-compliant upgrades from stage 1 exist?

(While a 111-113mph trap is definitely disappointing to me personally, it’s still a solid upgrade from where I was)
@audia3 was doing 113s on a hot night...this car should easily do 117 in cooler weather...

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hundreds of these sold. Several years of development.
Pretty sure it was "thousands," but that was probably like 200 pages ago and I don't care to look. Don't worry though, the couple people in here that aren't setting full readiness are the only ones on the planet.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP

We didn't though. The power numbers and graphs that this kit is advertised with are greater than those of an FBO IS38. In reality they are not. From what I have seen, the turbo spools late, makes good peak power and does not pass readiness. So, in reality, it only makes good peak power, which is.. Meh. It holds peak torque for, 1K from memory - which is far less than stellar. The only feedback people keep giving it is that "it is smooth", whatever, so is a stock GTI.

I forget, but you also had to have your motor replaced right? So, motor, turbo kit, labour, you're what, 12K out of pocket? That's a lot of money, and even if you didn't blow your motor you are 4K or so, out of pocket, for something that does not do what it claimed to do. It's ok to be salty about this - just like it's ok for me to be faster.