GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR vs. IE 2260

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
You'll still get dusted with those 2 turbos. They aren't big enough.
Man, looks like I’m gonna shoot for the vortex standard then?
Ok, they must have been the E92 version, which has the V8 engine.

What's the price point for those two turbo's?
I think the gt2260 is 1400 and the DTR is 1600. With custom tuning being anywhere from 500-1000 bucks.

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
Man, looks like I’m gonna shoot for the vortex standard then?

I think the gt2260 is 1400 and the DTR is 1600. With custom tuning being anywhere from 500-1000 bucks.
You'll get closer with that option, but XL or tpc38 is a better option.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
You'll get closer with that option, but XL or tpc38 is a better option.
Running on just pump gas with hpfp, I feel like the XL and tpc38 would just ruin the drivability for a daily. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Its around 57-58# but can go a bit higher if overspun.

-- Ed
I had always thought it was basically an FP Green which is a TD06H with a billet compressor. I was running right at 50 lb/min on my DSM with one on lots of methanol from a secondary injection system. The more things change the more they stay the same. Is there a way to infer airflow through a Cobb log on these cars that don't have a MAF?

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
Running on just pump gas with hpfp, I feel like the XL and tpc38 would just ruin the drivability for a daily. Correct me if I’m wrong.
Nothing is going to be as snappy as the is20 if that's what you're getting at.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Nothing is going to be as snappy as the is20 if that's what you're getting at.
I get that, just dont wanna feel like im driving a 18 wheeler shifting gears under boost all the time. I ended up buying the 2260s this morning. Looking forward to updating you guys!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
USP custom tunes? Not sure why you feel the need to be tied to them.

You should start offering to tune cars. Can call it TBD. Tuned By Diggs 🤣

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
I get that, just dont wanna feel like im driving a 18 wheeler shifting gears under boost all the time. I ended up buying the 2260s this morning. Looking forward to updating you guys!
I had that feeling. I was so scared of that too, but gearing down it's your best friend with a BT. Lol
Excited to see the results!

HetfieldInc

Ready to race!
So is the consensus the IE turbo is better?

I like the look of the APR system minus the fact that I need to downgrade to the stock downpipe. And as for why I don't custom tune with an AP and local tuner, 1: I have not found a reputable custom tuner in my area, 2: I'm more of the mind to somewhat tune it and forget it, and 3: I go to USP because I do not yet have the space to work on my car myself and be pulling turbos, installing coil overs, engine mounts, and all of that.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7

I like the look of the APR system minus the fact that I need to downgrade to the stock downpipe. And as for why I don't custom tune with an AP and local tuner, 1: I have not found a reputable custom tuner in my area, 2: I'm more of the mind to somewhat tune it and forget it, and 3: I go to USP because I do not yet have the space to work on my car myself and be pulling turbos, installing coil overs, engine mounts, and all of that.
I’m my case, I have an AP and aftermarket downpipe, so it ends up being cheaper and has a better response on the low end. If you don’t have an AP, you could probably opt for IE’s ots tune for the gt2260s. APR is worth it if you’re willing to go back to a stock DP and have an already included tune in the package.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT

IE DOES NOT MAKE A TURBO.