GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 dragy times, 60-130, 1/8, 1/4,

MK7Davey

Passed Driver's Ed
It appears I lied about needing a bigger turbo, just needed to swap my catted MAP downpipe to a catless trackslag and all it took was 2 runs to do it! Yaaaay haha. Very happy with how the car runs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210812-001213_dragy.jpg
    Screenshot_20210812-001213_dragy.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 102

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
It appears I lied about needing a bigger turbo, just needed to swap my catted MAP downpipe to a catless trackslag and all it took was 2 runs to do it! Yaaaay haha. Very happy with how the car runs.
Awesome!

Another happy trackslag owner with results to prove its worth.

Now cue the peanut gallery “its ONLY cause the cats deleted now”

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Anyone post any 1/8th mile slips on here? I haven't seen much, mainly 1/4 mile and draggy runs.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Congrats! That is a great time for MT and a standard housing.

Now I need better tires (already knew that one) and a DP. I really need take the kids seats & rear seats out of before I get a DP.... Gotta be able to hit 7s...

Think I am gonna do tires first. What tires are you running by chance? Did you pull anything out of the car for that run?

MK7Davey

Passed Driver's Ed
Congrats! That is a great time for MT and a standard housing.

Now I need better tires (already knew that one) and a DP. I really need take the kids seats & rear seats out of before I get a DP.... Gotta be able to hit 7s...

Think I am gonna do tires first. What tires are you running by chance? Did you pull anything out of the car for that run?
Rear seats were out, 68 degrees out and probably 2500 DA so pretty good conditions. Im running 17" konig hypergrams with 245/45/17 nitto NT555r2's at 25psi

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Rear seats were out, 68 degrees out and probably 2500 DA so pretty good conditions. Im running 17" konig hypergrams with 245/45/17 nitto NT555r2's at 25psi
Thanks for the details. Weight reduction definitely needed on my end for 7s. Gonna do tires on new wheels first. Went wider but they are a touch heavier.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Seems new tires are giving you a hand.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Definitely, but they still squirrel a bit. MUCH better than the NT-05s. I now see how awful those were. Shoulda got these first time around.
I feel the same way. Bigger turbo requires around a 200 TW tire IMO.