GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your VW Driver Gear spring setup.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
If you were to do it all over again, would you have paired it with b8’s and TT pads from the beginning? I have read that B6’s pair well with softer springs such as DG’s.
There are so many different options out there. So far your set up seems like the closest to what I want. Do you have any issues whatsoever with scraping on steep inclines? Are you absolutely happy with this set up? Thx a ton
The tire rubs a little bit on big dips at highway speeds but that isn't very frequent. I would have done the TT pads again as from what I can see on my car the rear sits only slightly higher over the front. I'm very happy with this setup as I wanted a something that was roughly 60-70% sporty and 40-30% comfort and I think this setup achieves that.

Fcs003

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Gti mk7.5
Just registered to the forum and just installed the DG Springs (5G4-071-677-E) along with the ECS Flush kit. It's a bit too sunny to post good pics, but here goes.

Quick credit to Deutsche Auto part for the DG Springs. Great price and good service. ECS Tuning for the great product and fast delivery. If you are in the SF Bay Area, I'd recommend 4B Auto for all your auto services.

It might be premature to judge the ride since it has not settled, but it feels the same. This mod was done purely for cosmetic purposes.
Did you put these on an automatic or manual?

Fcs003

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Gti mk7.5
The tire rubs a little bit on big dips at highway speeds but that isn't very frequent. I would have done the TT pads again as from what I can see on my car the rear sits only slightly higher over the front. I'm very happy with this setup as I wanted a something that was roughly 60-70% sporty and 40-30% comfort and I think this setup achieves that.
Did the tire rub on big dips when you were using the DG’s + TT’s on stock shocks or did that begin after you switched to the B8’s?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Did the tire rub on big dips when you were using the DG’s + TT’s on stock shocks or did that begin after you switched to the B8’s?
They did that on both the stock shocks and the B8's. Its probably more to do with my setup as im running 235 wide tires in the front with 10mm spacers for a final ET of 38

Fcs003

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Gti mk7.5
They did that on both the stock shocks and the B8's. Its probably more to do with my setup as im running 235 wide tires in the front with 10mm spacers for a ET of 38
Gotcha 🙏🏼. I have stock tires and rims with 15 and 20 mm spacers. I believe I’m going to try using my stock shocks with DG’s and TT pads. My car has less than 2000 miles on it. Not sure if I should get new mounts bearings and hardware or not but I definitely don’t want to hear squeaking and have to do it all again. Do you think I should go ahead and start fresh with these things?

I think the level of your car is perfect. When I look at a stock mk7.5, the rear already sits a little higher than the front end. The tires are symmetrical to the body in the wheel well. When replacing stock springs with DG spring + TT pads, the same symmetry is achieved. I dig it. A lot. We’ll done.

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
My car doesn't rub at all. The PS4S are stock size. I run 10mm front and 17.5mm rear spacers.

With that low of mileage you *shouldn't* have any issues, but its hard to say. ShopDap sells a kit just for the replacement bolts, as most of them stretch and should be replaced.

Also, Clem's pic after his car was wrapped is what made me pull the trigger on this setup. At first I was a little disappointed, as it seemed like it didn't lower a noticeable amount, but they really only lower 5/8" or so. After a few weeks of driving and some twisty roads everything settled in and now I am very happy.

Fcs003

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Gti mk7.5
My car doesn't rub at all. The PS4S are stock size. I run 10mm front and 17.5mm rear spacers.

With that low of mileage you *shouldn't* have any issues, but its hard to say. ShopDap sells a kit just for the replacement bolts, as most of them stretch and should be replaced.

Also, Clem's pic after his car was wrapped is what made me pull the trigger on this setup. At first I was a little disappointed, as it seemed like it didn't lower a noticeable amount, but they really only lower 5/8" or so. After a few weeks of driving and some twisty roads everything settled in and now I am very happy.
Thanks. Lowers 5/8 immediately and then settles in a little more? Either way it looks great to me. I can’t go too low bc of steep incline in driveway. Does your suspension make any unpleasant noises or does it sound the same as stock?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Thanks. Lowers 5/8 immediately and then settles in a little more? Either way it looks great to me. I can’t go too low bc of steep incline in driveway. Does your suspension make any unpleasant noises or does it sound the same as stock?
Yes it definetly settles after a bit . I have no suspension related noises.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
P.S I had suspension noise coming from the rear ever since I installed the DG springs. It ended up being the rear swap bar being loose. Overall, no noise

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Not sure if I should get new mounts bearings and hardware or not but I definitely don’t want to hear squeaking and have to do it all again. Do you think I should go ahead and start fresh with these things?
I would say just replace them with new ones just as insurance. I personally wouldn't be able to deal with the noise if it did come up. There is a chance you could reuse the current strut mounts/bearings and have no noise but it wasn't one I was willing to take.

Fcs003

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Gti mk7.5
I would say just replace them with new ones just as insurance. I personally wouldn't be able to deal with the noise if it did come up. There is a chance you could reuse the current strut mounts/bearings and have no noise but it wasn't one I was willing to take.

Fcs003

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Gti mk7.5
Yes I did have the TT rear pads installed with the springs as my car is a 6MT. If the car doesn't even out after some time you would just add the TT pads in later, the rears are easy enough to do. Here is a picture of my car on the first day on DG's vs. present day, keep in mind im running a different wheel setup in each picture.

I love this wheel and tire set up. It looks perfect on these springs. Do you mind telling me what it is?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I love this wheel and tire set up. It looks perfect on these springs. Do you mind telling me what it is?
Thanks, the wheel and tire setup are as follows:

OZ Allegerita 18x8 ET48

Tires: 235/40/18 Bridgestone S007A

10mm spacers front / 12.5mm spacers rear

20200905_182718.jpg

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
Here's some pictures showing how it sits with the TT pads in the rear. 10/17.5mm spacers, 225/40/18 Michelin PS4S.

Attachments

• IMG_20210704_194630.jpg
    IMG_20210704_194630.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 210
  • IMG_20210704_194309~2.jpg
    IMG_20210704_194309~2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 207
  • IMG_20210704_194248.jpg
    IMG_20210704_194248.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 220

Fcs003

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Gti mk7.5
Here's some pictures showing how it sits with the TT pads in the rear. 10/17.5mm spacers, 225/40/18 Michelin PS4S.
Damn thanx for the pic. Mine will be similar to yours. 15\20 spacers. Was that picture taken after the springs had settled all the way?