GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB II - Software Version and Update Thread

tylerk86

Hi Everyone,

Here’s a shot of the head unit in my 2017 GTI S. I’ve asked the dealer the last three time I’ve been in to please update the software if possible and they’ve either argued with me or said that they’d check up and then never mention it in the paperwork (I can’t pick up until the service desk closes due to my schedule). I know we’re not “supposed” to update the software ourselves in the U.S., but there’s a few glitches driving me crazy. From what I’ve seen, newer software exists...can anyone point me in the right direction for obtaining and installing the software myself? Much appreciated!

Attachments

• 772D70BB-D395-4759-9C80-4798734D3023.jpeg
    772D70BB-D395-4759-9C80-4798734D3023.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 937

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
Hi Everyone,

Here’s a shot of the head unit in my 2017 GTI S. I’ve asked the dealer the last three time I’ve been in to please update the software if possible and they’ve either argued with me or said that they’d check up and then never mention it in the paperwork (I can’t pick up until the service desk closes due to my schedule). I know we’re not “supposed” to update the software ourselves in the U.S., but there’s a few glitches driving me crazy. From what I’ve seen, newer software exists...can anyone point me in the right direction for obtaining and installing the software myself? Much appreciated!

that’s the latest for the 16-17 headunits. The 18+ (fl) have a slightly different unit

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
I've been thinking... we should have a fileshare somewhere where we can put firmwares. It's not illegal to share them as far as I know, and VW drivers are more safe when having updated software (there's a firewall issue on earlier versions that allows everyone from the outside to get "inside". You really don't want that ;-) )

danielallen89

I've been thinking... we should have a fileshare somewhere where we can put firmwares. It's not illegal to share them as far as I know, and VW drivers are more safe when having updated software (there's a firewall issue on earlier versions that allows everyone from the outside to get "inside". You really don't want that ;-) )
I'm trying to update my nav software to the latest from 2016 and struggling like mad on a discover pro 3 days I have been going at it now! If someone could files hare well that would be outstanding for me to use the zip from here. ?

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
The issue is getting a hold of the firmware. I was given what is supposedly the 18+ firmware from a dealer guy I know but I have no clue on how it’s used or whether it actually is the firmware or something else

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
The issue is getting a hold of the firmware. I was given what is supposedly the 18+ firmware from a dealer guy I know but I have no clue on how it’s used or whether it actually is the firmware or something else

Can you send the metainfo2.txt file to me, so I can check?

And getting a hold of it isn't a really big issue ;-)

a3golfer

My car is going in for its first service next month and the dealer told me that there's also an update to the infotainment system to carry out. I'll add my current version numbers when I next go out and the new version after the service
Did you get this resolved?

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Sorry to revive an old thread, but have a 2019 SE (U.S.) w/ MIB2 Discover Media. Anyone know if there's an update available here? Seeing some CarPlay issues that I believe are head unit related and the dealer always gives me a runaround every time I ask about firmware updates. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7461.jpeg
    IMG_7461.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 198

Lth0ms0n

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2013 Golf GTD
I thought the same, but I did a lot of troubleshooting and it occurs with multiple phones and cables, including OEM. It's either a bug in iOS 14 or an issue with the head unit. Thread with some others experiencing it:

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...arplay-bad-audio-quality-during-calls.381749/
What problems were you having with CarPlay? Mine likes to disconnect randomly from time to time and I believe it's down to the firmware on the head-unit, also.

I've got a fileshare online with all the s/w releases available from it (thanks to the MIB Telegram group) but I've not done it before so a little apprehensive about getting cracking with it. I'm currently running 0751 on an 874B Delphi MIB2 Standard in mine.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
1624282082234.png

P/N: 3Q0035844A
HW: 710
SW: 0751

Last edited:

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
What problems were you having with CarPlay? Mine likes to disconnect randomly from time to time and I believe it's down to the firmware on the head-unit, also.

I've got a fileshare online with all the s/w releases available from it (thanks to the MIB Telegram group) but I've not done it before so a little apprehensive about getting cracking with it. I'm currently running 0751 on an 874B Delphi MIB2 Standard in mine.
After about 5-10 minutes on a call, the audio becomes distorted, almost like crackling; very glitchy and robotic sounding. Unplugging/replugging fixes it temporarily, but it happens again after several minutes. Only occurs with phone calls via CarPlay; music/podcast playback is fine, and phone calls over Bluetooth do not have the same issue. Also happens with multiple iPhones and with multiple kinds of cables (including Apple OEM), so it's either a bug in iOS 14 or an issue with the head unit (force restart of infotainment didn't resolve.) My local VW dealer insists there's no updates available for it though I'm not sure how much I trust that determination. My 844B is currently on 0890.

Attachments

• IMG_7461.jpeg
    IMG_7461.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 95