Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6mt
Thought maybe this might be useful to you all since I just purchased a 2017:

Device Part Number: 3Q0035844A
Hardware: 710
Software Version: 0751
Purchase Date: Sep 2017
Comments:
My first VW so I'm still getting acclimated to the infotainment system (which is way better than any other car I've used so far). One thing I've noticed is that after selecting driving mode using the button on the shifter console, the screen will basically go blank. Seem's like a bug to me.

If there is anything I can test for you, lmk. I'm an iphone user if it matters.

Edit: If I might suggest, maybe we could keep the very first post on this thread edited/updated with the highest software version/hw version just so people don't have to wade through dozens of posts to see what the most current version is.

Last edited:

MK7.5_Roa

Ready to race!
Very interesting but I am doubtful anyone in my stealership will be knowledgable about the most up to date software [emoji25] nonetheless I will contact them and update this post.

Zoolook

Ready to race!
I just got a new one as the old one broke and my software version is now back to 220...

Daner

Go Kart Newbie
Device Part Number: 3Q0035840B
Hardware: H30
Software: 0351
Media Codec: 3101.0.0.8
Purchase Date: August 2017
Build Date: July 2017

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Here's a pic of 3Q0035876. Made in Germany by TechniSat. VW uses several different OEMs to produce MIB1/MIB2. Post up a pic of yours if different. Mine is from '16 Golf R, March 16 production.

Blurider24

Went to Heritage VW in Parkville to have this and a couple of other services performed.

They said this update did not apply:
http://www.goapr.com/support/tsb/91n9mibbulletinver2.pdf

The alternative was to leave the car for them to troubleshoot--I passed on this.

On further review at home--I supplied the link above and a photo of my MIB2 software version to the dealership, stating that the update appeared to apply and asked what I was misunderstanding. They said they would get back to me. They didn't--I followed up 3 more times during the next 6 weeks--no effort was made to respond to me.

Made an appointment with Heritage VW in Catonsville--I took the TSB in, provided them with the same information I provided to Heritage VW Parkville. They took my car. 90 minutes later, as I was sitting in the lobby, Android Auto spontaneously fired up on my phone--I couldn't see it, but they pulled the car into the service bay 30' away--My car was ready and connected to BT and AA through the walls.

Hardware: 620
Software: updated from 0597 to 613

So far, I've had no connection issues with an HTC One M8 running Marshmallow. I'll update this as needed.

shapeshifter1

Passed Driver's Ed
In case any of you are running into clueless techs at your stealership, here's some information that may help.

Previously, SD update cards were shipped out to dealerships physically. Apparently, that caused a lot of issues and confusion, so they decided to join the 21st century and put all of the MIB-2 updates online. Per the techliterature website. They are referring to a sub-menu when using an ODIS enabled PC I believe. And/Or, it is hosted off of vwhub.com which requires an ODIS subscription.

"the SD Card Update is available online via the ServiceNet link. Under Technician References / Infotainment SW Updates / MIB Generation II (Model Year 2016 and beyond except Touareg) 2016. Please refer to Technical Bulletin: July 18, 2016 2044695."

Attachments

• infotainmentupdates.jpg
    infotainmentupdates.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 7,094
Last edited:

typevw

Below is the info from my recently replaced (late Nov) head unit in the 2017 R:
Hardware H30
Software O360
Device 3Q0035880
Codec 3201.0.0.9
Shield 2016-03 build 020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
Any updates and if theres a quick way to install on my car?

My 2017 head unit constantly resets with the SD Nav card in and its apparently a known issue. I have no Nav currently.