GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Installed the Powerflex hybrid.

1620341154105.png

Initial impressions are that there really isn't much added vibrations or harshness. Maybe a little bit while idling, and a little bit more while reversing\going 5mph or below. Haven't drive the car enough to see any benefits yet.

Install was straight forward and easy. Used a jigsaw to cut out the old one. And while the car gods are usually merciful, today they did demand a sacrifice.

1620341328819.png

Was my own dumbass fault, it's my regular go-to ratchet that I just grabbed out the drawer, and slapped my jack handle over as a cheater bar as I don't own an actual breaker bar for some reason. Needed enough torque to get the bolt off that it snapped the head of the ratchet. Oh well.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
In a marriage win, I successfully negotiated swapping parking spots with my wife aka she heard be bitching about birds pooping on my car and she was kind enough to switch to the spot under the tree. I truly appreciate the way she entertains and humors my love of my car.

lol my gf and I took 6 months to find a place in philly I was sufficiently pleased with for parking my car. She wanted to kill me for 6 months...

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
In a marriage win, I successfully negotiated swapping parking spots with my wife aka she heard be bitching about birds pooping on my car and she was kind enough to switch to the spot under the tree. I truly appreciate the way she entertains and humors my love of my car.
Cut the tree down.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
lol my gf and I took 6 months to find a place in philly I was sufficiently pleased with for parking my car. She wanted to kill me for 6 months...
In setting like that, I'd take my sweet ass time too, woman be damned!

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Cut the tree down.
Naw....I have thought about it, but it's the only tree in the front yard and it'd be too barren without it. The wife did mention planting some more trees out front, though, and if I do that I may take it down after that eventually. I do have a pellet gun around here somewhere though.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Naw....I have thought about it, but it's the only tree in the front yard and it'd be too barren without it. The wife did mention planting some more trees out front, though, and if I do that I may take it down after that eventually. I do have a pellet gun around here somewhere though.

A friend hangs CD's from his. When it spins it reflects light and keeps the birds away? At least thats what he says.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
A friend hangs CD's from his. When it spins it reflects light and keeps the birds away? At least thats what he says.
I wouldn't think you'd have to double up with the CDs in the trees if you're already wearing a foil hat...but your friend might be on to something :unsure:

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
I wouldn't think you'd have to double up with the CDs in the trees if you're already wearing a foil hat...but your friend might be on to something :unsure:
He also had clear jars with water on his lawn to keep dogs from pooping on it? Till people started stealing his jars... :ROFLMAO:
Oh that "friend"...

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
He also had clear jars with water on his lawn to keep dogs from pooping on it? Till people started stealing his jars... :ROFLMAO:
Oh that "friend"...
My dog would gladly poop on a jar. The only thing that would keep her from pooping in a yard is fireworks.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
My dog would gladly poop on a jar. The only thing that would keep her from pooping in a yard is fireworks.
Or this