GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
New brake rotors and pads all around. I should fish one of the fronts out of the trash and take a Pic. Pretty much on the last layer of atoms.

Those upper rear carrier triple square bolts are a pain in the balls. I didn't have a low profile ratchet to get in there so I had to go in the opposite direction, with 18" of wobble extensions and a floor jack under the handle to generate leverage. Goddamn they were on tight.

They couldn't just use hex heads like the front? Nooooo no no noooooooo. Fuck shit balls piss.

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
A9879C43-1095-46F9-A4D6-48DBEC051AA9.jpeg

06912CA9-6543-464C-8B17-9E230E52D809.jpeg

Mean mugging

Last edited:

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Spark plugs and coil packs tonight. 45k miles, I change plugs every 15, first time coil packs have been changed. Little concerned about oil in cyl 1. Tell me what you guys think. Plug on the far right is cyl 1. In the video it’s the third one shown.

8FD96AAD-ED1E-499C-8434-DBC9C0BE281C.jpeg

6E3C7119-417B-4A99-AF6D-8F8829C18429.jpeg

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Spark plugs and coil packs tonight. 45k miles, I change plugs every 15, first time coil packs have been changed. Little concerned about oil in cyl 1. Tell me what you guys think. Plug on the far right is cyl 1. In the video it’s the third one shown.

View attachment 205561

View attachment 205562

If it’s sticky goo, that’s considered normal...just excess sealant dripping down.

If it is in fact engine oil the cam bridge/valve cover is the culprit like Diggs said.

It’s hard to tell from pictures

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I did the magical fender screw mod..... this is an absolute must for anyone lowered. Kept hearing tires rubbing on big dips..... did the mod and no sound anymore.

highly recommend

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
If it’s sticky goo, that’s considered normal...just excess sealant dripping down.

If it is in fact engine oil the cam bridge/valve cover is the culprit like Diggs said.

It’s hard to tell from pictures
Yea there was some sealant mixed in there as well, it threw me off for a sec, but the plug from cyl 1 definitely had a bit of oil. Reading up on this it sounds like it’s a known issue and VW sometimes covers under powertrain warranty even if tuned due to it simply being an issue with bad sealant. To the stealership we go....

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Yea there was some sealant mixed in there as well, it threw me off for a sec, but the plug from cyl 1 definitely had a bit of oil. Reading up on this it sounds like it’s a known issue and VW sometimes covers under powertrain warranty even if tuned due to it simply being an issue with bad sealant. To the stealership we go....

Id just be upfront about mods and see if they’ll work with you. The real underlying issue is often excessive blow by/crank case pressure. Readthebook just had his engine replaced due to a exterior cam bridge/valve cover leak on the back of the head which was a result of CC pressure

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Cp-e motor mounts installed. Pretty easy job relative to any other mods I’ve done so far. Mounts are stiff but car actually idles softer than with oem ones. Guessing they were very worn.
CE1E818F-CCAE-46DF-8BA4-A109FA20A1DA.jpeg
9BB0C1F1-07B0-4FC0-BE27-831E508CBC81.jpeg