GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Nope, the light is for glow plug indication.
IMG_20210306_095952.jpg

Last edited:

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Nope, the light is for glow plug indication.
Glow plug indication? Meaning the glow plugs are heating up? My gf’s TDI’s glow plug lights turn on every time I turn the car on, and turn back off the moment the engine is finished turning over.

so are you saying the tech mistook your glow plug lights that come on every time you hold the ignition with a CEL?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
No, the CEL came on for sure... I've been out driving the canyons for about 4 hours, turne the car off and on multiple times for "photo opportunities," I even checked readiness with VCDS this morning before I left. Plan was to go on a long drive that would hopefully set any readiness that was showing in complete and then get a smog check. Nothing was showing incomplete this morning and no faults. of course smog check isn't open at 6:00 a.m. so I figured enjoy the drive get the check have breakfast

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Got my 2nd oil change done w/ 9,992 miles on the odometer. Also swapped the superpro rear endlinks with moogs. No more groans, creaks, scrunches, just smoothe, quiet, normal operation + improved stiffness from 24MM bar set to stiff.

excited to do my spring detail tomorrow :)

edit: I spoke too soon. I am still getting the sounds I had before, it’s just not as bad as before. Maybe it’s the sway bar bushings themselves? The service manager at smith VW said they stopped carrying superpro products because of so many issues with customers complaining about noise.

has anyone else gone to moogs and still had squeaky rubbing sounds? I’m worried that this 24mm bar, which was designed for factory-height or lowered Golf R’s, is contacting the rear passenger drive axle.

Last edited:

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Got my 2nd oil change done w/ 9,992 miles on the odometer. Also swapped the superpro rear endlinks with moogs. No more groans, creaks, scrunches, just smoothe, quiet, normal operation + improved stiffness from 24MM bar set to stiff.

Am I reading that you went to or from superpro?

I dont have any issues with my superpro rear endlinks but it has only been like 1k miles.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.

I dont have any issues with my superpro rear endlinks but it has only been like 1k miles.
lol, I haven't put in my superpro bar yet but I just ordered some moog endlinks from rockauto for $16.79 each.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD

lol, I haven't put in my superpro bar yet but I just ordered some moog endlinks from rockauto for $16.79 each.
Don't forget to grease the Moogs! They come lightly filled with a green grease meant to protect and prolong shelf life, they recommend you flush it until you can see new grease and then at every oil change after that. Any heavy duty lithium or Synthetic will do. I used Super lube Synthetic PN #41150 as it's also dielectric. (y)

Edit: Highly recommend a LockNLube grease gun coupler for Zerk fittings. Worth the 30ish bucks you can normally find it for on amazon or others, makes greasing them a pretty easy even if you don't jack up the rear.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H7LPKK...=LmObx&ref_=sbx_be_s_sparkle_mcd_asin_0_title

XL reach:
https://www.amazon.com/LockNLube-Gr...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Last edited:

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI

Went superpro > moog. I had them retightened multiple times and no matter what they started making noise again after a few days/weeks of driving.

I also spoke too soon lol, my car ride home I was blasting music and was on the highway the whole time. I am still getting the rubbing sound I had before, it’s just less common, and only happens in the midst of full articulation. Before minor inconsistencies would cause it.

I’m starting to think the Superpro RSB, which is designed for factory-height or lowered Golf R’s, does not actually fit stock suspension Alltracks. When I first noticed the sound after getting my car back 2 months ago, I looked underneath and saw what appeared to be blue paint around the edges of what appeared to be rubbing marks between the RSB and the passenger rear drive axle. I have Golf R springs I’ve been meaning to install. Pretty confident the factory R height will alleviate the issue.