GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Thanks guys, I was thinking since I'm getting this knock only in the upper room ranges it might be that the plug is overheating? These plugs have around 15k on them.
Try gapping them tighter.
If you still have excessive knock ask your tuner. Are you using good gas and the right octane?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Thanks guys, I was thinking since I'm getting this knock only in the upper room ranges it might be that the plug is overheating? These plugs have around 15k on them.

I've had a lot of luck with the Ruthenium plugs gapped at .024. I'm on my 3rd set now and very happy. It's cheap enough to try. Have you tried throwing some ethanol in the tank to see if it goes away?

NSchultz7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 Turbo Blue S4
Try gapping them tighter.
If you still have excessive knock ask your tuner. Are you using good gas and the right octane?
They are currently gapped to .027. That should be tight enough, no? This tank im currently using 93 and I've always used this station and never had a problem. Prior tanks have had ethanol and it was still there. I'm going to try again with ethanol to see if it at least improves. I was busy sorting boost out and had it too high with the emix so I was getting rail pressure drops because the boost was too high. Now that I've got the boost sorted I'm focusing on timing.

Last edited:

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Overall timing only follows CYL1. It won't go down unless there is KR in CYL1. It's only use is to see what the requested timing curve is. If it is constantly being beaten down then timing is too high.

You aren't the only one running into this 6k+ timing issue on their R/S3. I think madmen sold his car because he couldn't solve it.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/maestro-diy-tuning-help.364083/

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
They are currently gapped to .027. That should be tight enough, no? This tank im currently using 93 and I've always used this station and never had a problem. Prior tanks have had ethanol and it was still there. I'm going to try again with ethanol to see if it at least improves. I was busy sorting boost out and had it too high with the emix so I was getting rail pressure drops because the boost was too high. Now that I've got the boost sorted I'm focusing on timing.
There is no reason not to gap them down if you're okay with a wrench. It takes 20 min going slow and there are no drawbacks.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Not necessarily. Try .024.

Knifebright

Go Kart Newbie
I got all situated with the adjustable file and air-tap. I actually find myself dialing the boost back from where my last file was peaking by a bit! Going back and forth between 24 and 22 with 24 being where I think I’ll land.
I have today off so maybe I can get to a few gallons of E85. Does anyone know would I only adjust the ethanol content and not touch the octane?

Here’s a log, I need to run more today but the logging function and resolution is fun!

90/24
https://datazap.me/u/knifebright/24-psi-90-octane?log=0&data=1

90/22
https://datazap.me/u/knifebright/22-psi-1?log=0&data=1

NSchultz7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 Turbo Blue S4
Ok I just added 3.8 gallons of E. Should be about E30 if it's 85%, and about e25 if it's only 70%.
I'm going to dial back timing to 91 on the slider. I've also taken 3 degrees out from 5500-6500 like I said in both the high and low timing maps. We'll see what happens.
If it's still knocking, safe to assume false knock? If it's not or is improved then it's real knock? Next step would be either new plugs and/or regap the stockers or wait until we don't have shitty winter gas.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Ok I just added 3.8 gallons of E. Should be about E30 if it's 85%, and about e25 if it's only 70%.
I'm going to dial back timing to 91 on the slider. I've also taken 3 degrees out from 5500-6500 like I said in both the high and low timing maps. We'll see what happens.
If it's still knocking, safe to assume false knock? If it's not or is improved then it's real knock? Next step would be either new plugs and/or regap the stockers or wait until we don't have shitty winter gas.

Do not touch the slider! You can't have valid tests if you change 5 things at a time! Run the exact settings you had in the bad logs with the new fuel.

NSchultz7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 Turbo Blue S4
Do not touch the slider! You can't have valid tests if you change 5 things at a time! Run the exact settings you had in the bad logs with the new fuel.

Ok I will try that first. I had already taken 3 degrees out before so I will leave that.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Ok I will try that first. I had already taken 3 degrees out before so I will leave that.

Put the timing back in the map if you had it there for those logs. We can't help you figure it out if you change lots of things at once.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I got all situated with the adjustable file and air-tap. I actually find myself dialing the boost back from where my last file was peaking by a bit! Going back and forth between 24 and 22 with 24 being where I think I’ll land.
I have today off so maybe I can get to a few gallons of E85. Does anyone know would I only adjust the ethanol content and not touch the octane?

Here’s a log, I need to run more today but the logging function and resolution is fun!

90/24
https://datazap.me/u/knifebright/24-psi-90-octane?log=0&data=1

90/22
https://datazap.me/u/knifebright/22-psi-1?log=0&data=1

You have timing corrections in both logs. You don't have Pressure Upstream Throttle logged in the 24 PSI log. What grade of gas is in the tank?