GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
California 91
I wish I had logged before I swapped the non-adjustable tune but here we are
Your gas may suck. Try another station. Or run it at 88. Ignore the number on the slider. It's not uncommon to run a lower number than the actual octane in the tank.

Knifebright

Go Kart Newbie
Got it thank you!!
California gas is known to suck but I’m going to try chevron over Shell which I generally use.
Will drop the octane from 90 to down to 89/88 and keep boost around 22 while I work it out.
Your gas may suck. Try another station. Or run it at 88. Ignore the number on the slider. It's not uncommon to run a lower number than the actual octane in the tank.

Knifebright

Go Kart Newbie
One more question. Any downside in just leaving all log variables selected beyond just sorting through extra data? Thank you again
You have timing corrections in both logs. You don't have Pressure Upstream Throttle logged in the 24 PSI log. What grade of gas is in the tank?

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
I got all situated with the adjustable file and air-tap. I actually find myself dialing the boost back from where my last file was peaking by a bit! Going back and forth between 24 and 22 with 24 being where I think I’ll land.
I have today off so maybe I can get to a few gallons of E85. Does anyone know would I only adjust the ethanol content and not touch the octane?

Here’s a log, I need to run more today but the logging function and resolution is fun!

90/24
https://datazap.me/u/knifebright/24-psi-90-octane?log=0&data=1

90/22
https://datazap.me/u/knifebright/22-psi-1?log=0&data=1
The ethanol content slider only changes the mass fuel flow adjustment so the ecu knows how to get closer to lambda with alternative fuels.

Generally speaking if you're going to be running something like "e30" you would find out where your car likes to be on the octane slider for "e30". It'll take a few miles to mix in the tank so you wouldnt fill up and then send it right away.

Blending can be imprecise since not all e85 is e85. E85 from a pump can be as low as e50 (which would change your actual ethanol content quite a bit of you're using a calculator instead of a sensor)

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
One more question. Any downside in just leaving all log variables selected beyond just sorting through extra data? Thank you again
Sample rate decreases as you add parameters (as you can see in your logs). But there's generally no reason to skip things (unless you want to skip the injector pw MPI and the low pressure rail since you don't even have those). It's easier if the data is there so you can go back and see it all.

Knifebright

Go Kart Newbie
This is very helpful. In addition I believe the ethanol slider is a % of total ethanol content in the tank which means I need to math the up to 10% already in California gas.

I think I’m going to focus on working out the timing correction first then add more variables. Bout to go test out 88/22psi and go from there.
Thank you for all the support. I always was a bit weary of the 28psi spike...
The ethanol content slider only changes the mass fuel flow adjustment so the ecu knows how to get closer to lambda with alternative fuels.

Generally speaking if you're going to be running something like "e30" you would find out where your car likes to be on the octane slider for "e30". It'll take a few miles to mix in the tank so you wouldnt fill up and then send it right away.

Blending can be imprecise since not all e85 is e85. E85 from a pump can be as low as e50 (which would change your actual ethanol content quite a bit of you're using a calculator instead of a sensor)

NSchultz7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 Turbo Blue S4
Put the timing back in the map if you had it there for those logs. We can't help you figure it out if you change lots of things at once.
It wasn't there in those logs I took the 3 degrees out before I took them.

Here are 3 more:

https://datazap.me/u/golfmk7r/log-1610735694?log=0&data=1 (you can select a different log by clicking the "refresh" looking icon above the graph.

Looking absolutely terrible. I did 2 with the 93 setting and took a peek before I got home and saw it was bad. Decided to bump down the slider to 91 and do another. It was just as bad. And again that's with 3 degrees taken out up top so it's even lower timing up top than the normal 91 setting.

EDIT: Oops the third one was a bad log. Here is the correct one: https://datazap.me/u/golfmk7r/log-1610736362

Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
It wasn't there in those logs I took the 3 degrees out before I took them.

Here are 3 more:

https://datazap.me/u/golfmk7r/log-1610735694?log=0&data=1 (you can select a different log by clicking the "refresh" looking icon above the graph.

Looking absolutely terrible. I did 2 with the 93 setting and took a peek before I got home and saw it was bad. Decided to bump down the slider to 91 and do another. It was just as bad. And again that's with 3 degrees taken out up top so it's even lower timing up top than the normal 91 setting.

EDIT: Oops the third one was a bad log. Here is the correct one: https://datazap.me/u/golfmk7r/log-1610736362
This is "E30" now? Still "knocking". Your timing values are conservative for E30, yet its still knocking. Check plugs next. Look for loose objects that are contacting the engine. Check the downpipe clamp. Start considering if your motor/tranny mounts have failed.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Overall timing only follows CYL1. It won't go down unless there is KR in CYL1. It's only use is to see what the requested timing curve is. If it is constantly being beaten down then timing is too high.

You aren't the only one running into this 6k+ timing issue on their R/S3. I think madmen sold his car because he couldn't solve it.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/maestro-diy-tuning-help.364083/
I have had that problem since I had put this motor in

railroader

Autocross Newbie

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Are the 8 knock tables the same on your car vs a GTI or A3?
I honestly haven't even checked, haven't done to much with this motor except keep power low to save the motor till my other is built

NSchultz7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 Turbo Blue S4
This is "E30" now? Still "knocking". Your timing values are conservative for E30, yet its still knocking. Check plugs next. Look for loose objects that are contacting the engine. Check the downpipe clamp. Start considering if your motor/tranny mounts have failed.
Yep this is E25-E30. I posted pics of plugs on page 1002. I don't see anything contacting the engine and the downpipe clamp is secure. The downpipe isn't hitting anywhere and it doesn't resonate when I tap on it. I'm going to try removing my 034 dogbone mount and going to try reseating the other two bolts to make sure they were installed properly.. Maybe flash back to stock or an adjustable file.

Last edited: