GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

NEAGTI

Car(s)
2019 GTI Autobahn
About a month go I picked up a brand new 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG for $30999 MSRP was $38475. Didn't take the 0 APR since the price went up 3K.

woc212

Car(s)
2018 Mazda 3
Im looking to possibly purchase a 2020 GTI SE w/ manual transmission in the next month - What do you all think I can I realistically expect to pay in the DC area? I’ve looked through this thread and it looks like most people are posting about 2019s still. A lot of the big name NoVa dealers have their internet price set around $29,702 - has anyone had luck getting around $27k before TTL?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Im looking to possibly purchase a 2020 GTI SE w/ manual transmission in the next month - What do you all think I can I realistically expect to pay in the DC area? I’ve looked through this thread and it looks like most people are posting about 2019s still. A lot of the big name NoVa dealers have their internet price set around $29,702 - has anyone had luck getting around $27k before TTL?
So, $6k off? Perhaps with a crappy APR, but not if you want good financing rates and that might even be a stretch.

woc212

Car(s)
2018 Mazda 3
So, $6k off? Perhaps with a crappy APR, but not if you want good financing rates and that might even be a stretch.

So I’d probably be looking at paying at the very least the internet price + TTL if I want the VW 0% rate?

I also have a 2018 Mazda 3 for a trade in that I have a decent amount of positive equity in but not sure how much that will move the needle.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
When i contacted my dealer for my 2019, his initial quote was way better than their published price (i was a repeat customer and not sure if that mattered). You might have to contact a couple of dealers to understand the current market and move from there.

Also you might be in a better position if you bring in your trade in after you have your initial price negotiations.

yuev87

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6M
Just paid 28,500 for my 2019 SE 6M with experience package (before taxes, title and $449 doc). MSRP was 34099. I got the 0% financing for 72 months as well. The dealer I went to had a few identical 2019 GTIs leftover so they were pretty aggressive on price.

woc212

Car(s)
2018 Mazda 3
Decided to pull the trigger on a 2020 black SE 6M at $28,711 +TTL in the MD/DC area. I think there could have been more room to negotiate but I had my local dealer match what I was quoted from a few northern VA dealers so I can’t complain.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Decided to pull the trigger on a 2020 black SE 6M at $28,711 +TTL in the MD/DC area. I think there could have been more room to negotiate but I had my local dealer match what I was quoted from a few northern VA dealers so I can’t complain.

Sounds like a fine deal to me. Question about your 2020 SE 6M. Is there a [Mode] button on the 6M as seen at the left top with the 2020 DSG? If so, what does it do with a manual transmission and how many selections are there to choose from?

I'm on the fence deciding between the 6M and DSG on a 2020 SE and am trying to learn what I can before taking a test drive with the DSG. Thanks!

1597100271459.png

woc212

Car(s)
2018 Mazda 3
Sounds like a fine deal to me. Question about your 2020 SE 6M. Is there a [Mode] button on the 6M as seen at the left top with the 2020 DSG? If so, what does it do with a manual transmission and how many selections are there to choose from?

I'm on the fence deciding between the 6M and DSG on a 2020 SE and am trying to learn what I can before taking a test drive with the DSG. Thanks!

View attachment 182419
Yes, it does. It does basically the same as the DSG - there’s four options: eco, normal, sport, and custom. The mode you choose determines things like throttle response, steering tightness, suspension, and how loud the soundaktor is.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Yes, it does. It does basically the same as the DSG - there’s four options: eco, normal, sport, and custom. The mode you choose determines things like throttle response, steering tightness, suspension, and how loud the soundaktor is.

Thanks woc212 -- that's exactly what I wanted to know. I'm glad that the [Mode] button is there regardless of what transmission I choose. I did learn at the Dealership last year that the circuit which kills the engine at stoplights on DSG models can be defeated by pressing the [A - OFF] button with each start up. I'm glad that VW has solved the 6M stall problem that vexed the 2019s.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
I just paid $25.5k after tax, title and tags (no trade-in) for a 2019 S 6MT with 8,300 miles. 2.49% APR

They priced out a new 2020 S 6MT for me with 15 miles. MSRP was $29.6 and they brought it down to $25k (before tax, title, tags) with 0% APR.

Difference in monthly payment was about 2 dollars.

I went with the used one because it had the better warranty. CPO adds 1yr and 12k miles and 2019's had 6yr 72k mile warranties compared to the 2020s which only have 4yr and 50k mile warranties. Since the 2019 car was only 9 months old with 8k miles it came out to a 75 month, 76k mile warranty which more than made up for 8k miles in my eyes. (I believe the 2019 vs 2020 warranty comparo is accurate, I'm going off of memory).

I also got the dealerships 5 year care package (bent rims, curb rash, blown tires, dents, windshield chips and cracks, etc all covered) for half price.

To be fair, the finance manager and sales person are both close childhood friends of mine.

jetplaness

Passed Driver's Ed
About a month ago I picked up my 2019 GTI SE with 14k miles in perfect condition for $22,500. The guy selling was moving back overseas and had to sell and I got lucky and found it on craigslist a few hundred miles away and went and picked it up lol

Sean967

Car(s)
2018 Giulia
How much would you guys expect to pay for a 2020 GTI S automatic transmission? This one dealer is trying to tell me I'd have to pay 35k for it, which I know of course is ridiculous. I'm trying to get a good idea on what a reasonable price is for one at the moment. This was with the 0% apr offer which still seems ridiculous to me.