GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
How much would you guys expect to pay for a 2020 GTI S automatic transmission? This one dealer is trying to tell me I'd have to pay 35k for it, which I know of course is ridiculous. I'm trying to get a good idea on what a reasonable price is for one at the moment. This was with the 0% apr offer which still seems ridiculous to me.

$25-26k would probably be a good deal if it's the S.

I was given a price of $25.5k with 0% for an S with the 6MT recently. So a little more than that.

Should tell that dealer to take a hike

Sean967

Car(s)
2018 Giulia
$25-26k would probably be a good deal if it's the S.

I was given a price of $25.5k with 0% for an S with the 6MT recently. So a little more than that.

Should tell that dealer to take a hike
Thanks, maybe I should look at dealers around PA instead. A couple other NJ dealers are saying similar things, but I never sat down with them.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Thanks, maybe I should look at dealers around PA instead. A couple other NJ dealers are saying similar things, but I never sat down with them.

The dealer I bought my 2019 from has a Pure White 2020 S with DSG listed on their site right now for $26,700

Based on my experience you get them to go below their "internet special" pricing.

Just to give some real world perspective.

cb1111

How much would you guys expect to pay for a 2020 GTI S automatic transmission? This one dealer is trying to tell me I'd have to pay 35k for it, which I know of course is ridiculous. I'm trying to get a good idea on what a reasonable price is for one at the moment. This was with the 0% apr offer which still seems ridiculous to me.
What is the MSRP?

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
They're saying the MSRP is 30k. I was in shock when they tried to convince me I should pay 5k over MSRP.

They should provide you the splitup of their quote for better understanding. If not, you should move on to the next dealer. This dealer might not be worth the effort and time.

cb1111

They're saying the MSRP is 30k. I was in shock when they tried to convince me I should pay 5k over MSRP.
They are correct. These are extremely rare and sought after cars. There can't be more that 500 dealers in the US with these on their lots.

Where's that sarcasm emoji?

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Looks like my local dealer is selling them for $30K without even starting negotiations.

Screenshot_20200818-194510.png

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Looks like my local dealer is selling them for $30K without even starting negotiations.

Online prices might not be the right indicator unless one has a quote from a dealership.

Many dealers are notorious to add destination fee back to their online price (even though its a part of window sticker) and include several incentives in their listed price (which might not be applicable for most people).

AntErrickson

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI Autobahn
2016 GTI Autobahn Package out the door $20k
60k miles.
$3k cash, $500 trade.
Wound up borrowing $16500 @3.6% From a credit union.
Final payment is under $300.

AntErrickson

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI Autobahn
CPO Reflex Silver 2016 GTI S with 28k miles
$20,260 out the door
$6500 down, financed thru VW at 2.7% for a monthly payment of $214

mines looking more like a rip-off than a deal :D lol

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
Ok, thought this might be a good place to post this. Got this offer in the mail today. It's a significant amount over what I owe on my current GTI which is the only reason I'm considering it. My question to you guys is, is the upgrade from a 2017 to a 2020 worth it or should I stick with my current vehicle. The only change would be going from 6MT to a DSG.

Attachments

• IMG_20200825_174413~2.jpg
    IMG_20200825_174413~2.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 136